SEEKING A STANDARD
- Prudent Judgment for Private Equity. McGee, Suzanne // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/24/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses proposals for valuation of private equity made by the Private Equity Industry Guideline Group (PEIGG). The key recommendation in the new guidelines is that private equity fund managers should use their "prudent judgment" to determine when and how to stop valuing a portfolio...
- PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/14/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 24, p14
Presents figures on private equity in the United States. First quarter 2004 all private equity fundraising by state/region; U.S. fundraising as of June 7, 2004; First quarter 2004 U.S. fundraising by fund size as of June 7, 2004; Top advisers on U.S. target and global LBOs.
- Weekly Leads. // Investment Management Weekly;1/16/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p7
The article presents information on search and hire activities in the private equity sector in the U.S. for the week ending January 11, 2006.
- PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/25/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 41, p16
Presents charts depicting private equity fundraising transactions for the third quarter of 2004 in the U.S.
- Finito. // Investment Management Weekly;1/16/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p8
The article provides information on search and hire activities in the private equity sector in the U.S. for the week ending January 11, 2006.
- Private equity capital update. Carter, Michael // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/27/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 39, p24
Analyzes trends in private equity financing in the U.S. for 2004. Reasons for raising private equity capital; Valuation expectations; Target companies of venture capital firms.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/14/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p20
Presents data on private equity deals in the United States, for the period ended February 7, 2005. Private equity fundraising; Fundraising by fund size; Top advisers on U.S. target leveraged buyout.
- Recipe for Change. Davidowitz, Howard L. // Chain Store Age;Apr2005, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p95
Focuses on the growth of private-equity investment in the retail trade in the U.S. Characteristics of the investments; Approaches used by private-equity firms in develop undervalued firms; Factors in change of culture experienced by the acquired company.
- Private equity insider. Solomon, David // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Feb2008, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p32
The article explains the procedures included in selling a business to a private equity (PE) fund. It emphasizes the relevance of including a knowledgeable and experienced investment bank in the sale process. It mentions the factors that should be considered in determining the value of a...