Hedge Funds Still Discovering Energy
- HEDGE FUNDS. Fiford, Carla // Finance Week;7/5/2004 Richer Life Supplement, p22
Discusses hedge funds, one of the many financial investments available in South Africa. Domination of the sector by long or short equity strategies; Issue on selecting mechanistic systems in making investment decisions; Reliance on discretionary interventions.
- Divided SEC votes to subject hedge funds to oversight. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p31
Looks into the extension of U.S. SEC oversight to hedge funds. Number of hedge funds that will sign up with the government agency due to the order; Reason why the agency needed to boost hedge fund regulation; Discussion of the new SEC rule on the matter.
- Guggenheim Partners Appoints European Hedge Fund Solutions Head. Wang, Wicy // Global Custodian News;2013, p93
Guggenheim Partners has appointed Tyler Page, global head of business development for Guggenheim Fund Solutions, as head of hedge fund solutions for Europe based in London.
- Hedge Funds to the Rescue. Scotti, Michael // Traders Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 245, p28
Focuses on the growing influence of Hedge Funds on securities industry in the U.S. Alignment of the shareholders and the manager's interests; Relationship between hedge funds and their investors; Assessment of the institutional equity trading. INSET: The New Market Makers.
- Hedge funds lose their edge. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;3/5/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the lower-than-expected performance of hedge funds in the U.S. for the year 2003. Percentage gained by the Dow Jones Industrial Average, as compared to the Standard & Poor's 500 Index and the Nasdaq Composite Index for the year 2003; Identification of Latin American securities as the...
- HEDGIE SHARK JUMP? Grant, Ken // Trader Monthly;Oct/Nov2006, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p72
The article comments on the failure of some hedge funds in the U.S. to generate outstanding returns. It discusses how in the past hedge funds were able to withstand the challenges of the market such as terrorist threats and natural disasters. It enumerates the factors that may have contributed...
- Hedge Funds Projected To Reach $2 Trillion by '08. McDermott, Ryan // Money Management Executive;9/26/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 36, p3
Reports on the factors contributing the increase in the hedge fund assets in the U.S. Projected annual growth rate of the hedge funds; Impact of the increase in the assets of hedge funds on the actual number of hedge funds; Projection of Towergroup on the hedge fund assets.
- Investment Banks Cash In On Hedge Fund Boom. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p42
Focuses on the role of investment banks in the hedge funds industry in the U.S. Value of hedge funds investments of institutional investors; Top hedge fund service providers; Comments of several investment bankers regarding the industry. INSETS: REGISTRATION OR REGULATION?;FACTS BEHIND THE FIGURES.
- German investment: opportunity to hedge some wealth. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;May 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p9
Reports that Deutsche Bank subsidiary, DWS has launched Germany's first retail hedge fund product in May 2004. Fund structure; Focus on the creation or strengthening of hedge fund offerings to give clients opportunity to enhance their portfolios; Germany's adoption of the European Union...