Early in '05, Jefferies Hits the Road
- Legg Upgrades Web Site, Plans Online Trading. Horowitz, Jed // On Wall Street;Apr99, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p74
Reports on the plans of the securities company, Legg Mason Wood Walker for 1999. Launching of an interactive upgraded web site; Plans to offer Internet-based electronic trading; Details on its three pricing options.
- Legg Mason Taps Public Finance Expertise of Ex-Wachovia, First Union Staff. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/09/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31014, p9
Reports on Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.'s hiring of 11 former Wachovia Securities Inc. employees. Legg Mason's opening of a Winston-Salem, North Carolina office; Staffer hired from First Union Securities Inc.
- Guide to Correspondent Clearing Firms. // Securities Industry News;Spring2005 Clearing Quarterly, Vol. 17, p28
Provides information on several clearing firms in the U.S. ADP Clearing & Outsourcing Services; Jefferies & Co.; Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.; RBC Dain Correspondent Services.
- SEC targets Legg Mason in G-36 case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30738, p1
Reports on the enforcement action filed by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission against Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. and two of its supervisory officials. Violation of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board rules; Failure to file advance refunding documents and official...
- Sunshine and Latin American Assets Draw DLJ and Legg Mason to Florida. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;May99, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p20
Looks at the business operations of securities firms Legg Mason Wood Walker and Donaldson Lufkin Jenrette in Florida. Plans of the companies to expand; Background of the companies.
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p1
Presents municipal bond-related news items in the United States, as of August 10, 2004. Previous day's municipal bond trading results; Manufacturing activity in the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's region; Appointment of investment bankers at Legg Mason Wood Walker.
- Mace Mulls Selling Car Wash Division. M. C. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/10/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the plan of Mace Security International Inc. to sell its truck and car wash unit to pay its debt and expand its security business. Number of car and truck washes owned by the company; Deal formed by Mace Security with Legg Mason Wood Walker; Business loss generated by the company.
- News Briefs. // On Wall Street;Apr99, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p18
Presents securities industry news briefs in April 1999. Appointment of Randall A. Carbone as district manager of Legg Mason Wood Walker in Boston, Massachusetts; Hiring of Carl Morganstein as regional manager for southeast Florida by Advest Inc.; Branch opening of McDonald Investments in London.
- Legg Mason plays musical chairs in Austin. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30185, p2
Focuses on the series of executive changes made in public finance firms, Legg Mason Wool Walker Inc. and Southwest Securities Inc., in Texas as of July 11, 1997. Includes Southwest's hiring of Legg Mason's Cheryl Allen and Christina Lane in June; Legg Mason's hiring of banker Charles Jennings...