One World--Ready or Not
- Think globally, trade locally. // Business Mexico;Nov1993, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p8
Discusses the advantages to be gained by North American businesses over Japanese and Southeast Asian businesses in the implementation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA); Trade bloc options.
- To Canada and Mexico. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;9/19/94, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p51
Reports on the continued venture of mid-sized American entrepreneurial firms beyond the United States border. Positive impact of the North American Free Trade Agreements to the growth plans of companies; Canada and Mexico as places which offers the best opportunities for expansion.
- Nafta will be a sweet deal for the transnationals. Reese, Charley // Caribbean Business;7/29/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p57
Opinion. Explores the possible negative impact of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) on workers in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Issue of trade; Difference in viewpoint; Transnational corporations as the hidden dictator; Advantage to transnationals; Destruction of the...
- Scratchy Lines. Kneebone, Simone // New Internationalist;Dec2013, Issue 468, p10
An editorial cartoon on transnational corporations and free trade agreements is presented.
- Impact of the Asian economic crises on U.S. joint ventures. Chan, Peng S.; Timsawat, Pamela // American Business Review;Jan2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p22
Examines the impact of the Asian economic crises on United States (US) joint ventures operating in Asia. Strategies of US companies in entering the Asian markets via joint ventures; Reasons of US firms in entering Asian markets via joint ventures; Strategies for ventures to survive and succeed...
- Economist: NAFTA boosts turnaround. Littmann, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/6/95, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p3
Presents a question-and-answer advisory regarding the financial crises in Mexico and Canada. Impact of the North American Free Trade Agreement on Mexico's financial condition; Faulty Canadian fiscal policy; Role of the United States in the recovery of Mexico and Canada.
- The Mexican peso crisis: Impact on NAFTA and emerging markets. Espana, Juan R. // Business Economics;Jul95, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p45
Discusses the effects of the 1994 financial crisis in Mexico on the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and other trade agreements. Background of the crisis; Mexican plans to deal with the crisis; Impact in Mexico; Impact on emerging markets; Role of NAFTA in the crisis; Impact of the...
- Neither MITI nor America: the political economy of capital liberalization in Japan. Encarnation, Dennis J.; Mason, Mark // International Organization;Winter90, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p25
Examines the political economy of capital liberalization in Japan. Denial of multinational corporations access to domestic markets; Behavior of oligopolists; Factors influencing capital liberalization.
- Domestic market power, the transnational industry cycle, and the merits of free versus fair trade. Tribble Jr., Romie // International Advances in Economic Research;May95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p95
Contends that the transnational industry cycle is a theoretical relationship where the transnational's domestic profitability depends on its foreign profitability. Relationship between domestic and foreign profitability; Cyclical behavior of the transnational corporation; Achievement of free...