Relationships Among Dispositional Ability Conceptions, Intrinsic Motivation, Perceived Competence, Experience, and Performance
- It's Harvest Time. // Tennessee Tribune;11/27/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p12B
The article offers the author's view regarding the need to do good things to someone, like touching his or her life, in God's season, through persistence and motivation.
- Does Intrinsic Motivation Fuel the Prosocial Fire? Motivational Synergy in Predicting Persistence, Performance, and Productivity. Grant, Adam M. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jan2008, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p48
Researchers have obtained conflicting results about the role of prosocial motivation in persistence. performance, and productivity. To resolve this discrepancy. I draw on self-determination theory, proposing that prosocial motivation is most likely to predict these outcomes when it is...
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN INTRINSIC NEEDS AND WOMEN'S PERSISTENCE AT WORK. Meir, Elchanan I. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Aug72, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p293
This study is concerned with predicting women's persistence at work on the basis of the needs determining their occupational choice. The Ss for the examination included 288 women dentists, 31 registered nurses, 20 policewomen, 30 social workers, and 35 youth counselors in Israel. The Ss were...
- PERVASIVENESS OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN INTRINSIC- EXTRINSIC NEEDS AND PERSISTENCE AT WORK. Meir, Elchanan I.; Barak, Azy // Journal of Applied Psychology;Feb74, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p103
A total of 1,027 persons from 10 different occupations responded to inventories of intrinsic and extrinsic needs. While persistence at work was positively correlated with intrinsic needs, no correlation was found with extrinsic needs. These findings were generally Consistent across occupations.
- Real Leadership: The Meaning Behind Motivation. JONES, GRAHAM // Chief Learning Officer;Sep2010, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p20
No abstract available.
- MOTIVAÄŒNÃ STRUKTURA -- INTEGRUJÃCÃ KONCEPT PSYCHOLOGIE MOTIVACE. Stuchlíková, Iva; Man, František // Ceskoslovenska Psychologie;Apr2009, p158
The concept of motivational structure is introduced and discussed in a broader context of motivational psychology. The use of the term has changed during the developments in the field of motivational psychology; the shifts in the concept content are mentioned. Motivational structure is presented...
- ValidaciÃ³n de la escala medida de la intencionalidad para ser fÃsicamente activo adaptada al contexto universitario. Expósito González, Carla; Fernández Ozcorta, Eduardo J.; Almagro, Bartolomé J.; Sáenz-López, Pedro // Cuadernos de PsicologÃa del Deporte;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p49
The aim of this study was to adapt and validate the measurement scale Intention to be physically active in the university context (MIFAU). Similarly, it was checked whether the need for competition, intrinsic motivation and demotivation are predictors of intention to be physically active. The...
- Compelled by an Idea. Wilson, Robert // PA Times;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being motivated by the idea to start something.
- The Reward is in the Eye of the Beholder. Wilson Jr., Robert // Electric Light & Power;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p66
A personal narrative is presented in which the author's relates his teenage years of having a long hair with self-motivation.