Classroom Teachersï¿½ Reflections on Teaching Physical Education
- Clinical Setting for Future Physical Education Professionals. Mathias, Kirk // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on a program providing practical settings for physical educators in Arizona. Motive for setting up the program; Composition of the program; Opportunities received by student teachers.
- Cooperating Teachers' Expectations for Student Teachers During the Student Teaching Experience in Physical Education. Christenson, Robert; Barney, David // Asian Journal of Physical Education & Recreation;Nov2011, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p6
The student teaching experience is important. The student teacher wants to be successful during their student teaching experience. Part of working successfully with the cooperating teacher can greatly impact a student teachers success. The purpose of this study was to investigate school based...
- Lab school as a teaching strategy in physical education teacher education. Garrett, Robyne; Wrench, Alison; Piltz, Wendy // ACHPER Australia Healthy Lifestyles Journal;2007, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p19
Teaching and learning to teach are complex processes that involve an array of skills, competencies and knowledge forms. This has implications for teacher education programs and the provision of authentic learning experiences for student teachers. This paper describes a supported lab school...
- New Perspectives for Teaching Physical Education: Preservice Teachers' Reflections on Outdoor and Adventure Education. Timken, Gay L.; McNamee, Jeff // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p21
The purpose of this study was to gauge preservice physical education teachers' perspectives during one physical activity pedagogy course, teaching outdoor and adventure education. Teacher belief, occupational socialization and experiential learning theories overlaid this work. Over three years...
- Chapter 5: Assessing Dispositions. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M.; Mozen, Diana // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p451
Examines the attitudes and beliefs of student teachers about teaching, physical education and learners in Atlanta, Georgia. Perceptions toward the Physical Education Teacher Education program in Georgia State University; Assessment of the dispositions among student teachers; Details on the...
- The Impact of a Field-Based Elementary Physical Education Methods Course on Preservice Classroom Teachers' Beliefs. Xiang, Ping; Lowy, Susan; McBride, Ron // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p145
The present study focused on preservice classroom teachers' beliefs about elementary physical education and the impact of a field-based elementary physical education methods course on their beliefs. Participants (N=97) completed questionnaires at the beginning and at the end of the course....
- Observation and Analysis of Skills of Student Teachers in Physical Education. McCallister, Sarah G.; Napper-Owen, Gloria // Physical Educator;Late Winter99, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p19
Discusses a study which identified the observations of student teachers and responses during physical instruction at the secondary level. Student response to instruction category; Function of teacher behaviors; Implications of the study.
- EDITORS' NOTE. Solmon, Melinda; McBride, Ron // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p269
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on a variety of issues related to teaching physical education and another on the development of preservice teachers.
- Chapter 9: Pedagogical Content Knowing for Model-Based Instruction in Physical Education and Future Directions for Research. Lund, Jacalyn L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Gurvitch, Rachel // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p580
The article reflects on the concept of the pedagogical content knowledge about teaching and learning using model-based instruction. It provides insights about new understandings of MBI and future directions which are necessary in ensuring that students teachers, cooperating teachers, and...