- Bridging the gap between KStreet and Obama. Bonjean, Ron // Hill;4/1/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p14
The article discusses the most important issues faced by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration specially on solving the economic recession.
- U.S. on path to decline. Johnston, Peter // East Bernard Express (TX);3/5/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p4
The author reflects on the declining status of the U.S. in the global community due to social, cultural, and moral decay.
- Big Changes in the States. Jacobson, Louis; Gorman, Siobhan // National Journal;11/9/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p336
Presents the results of the 2002 gubernatorial races in the U.S. List of Democratic and Republican candidates who won during the elections; Party changes for governorships; Description of the battles over control of state legislatures.
- Governorships at stake: More important than ever. Faucheux, Ron // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Oct/Nov99, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p7
Stresses the important role of governors in the American political system. Description of the three gubernatorial races in full swing in the 1999 ballot; Four states without incumbents running in the 2000 ballot.
- Only a month into the year and nothing has been boring so far. Politis, David // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/3/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p11
Presents an analysis of the economy and political conditions in the U.S. as of February 2003. Share price of Overstock.com; Net profit generated by Overstock; Revenue posted by Altiris.
- United States: 2014 Country Review. Youngblood Coleman, Denise // United States Country Review;2014, preceding p1
The report presents the political and economic overview of the U.S. as of 2014, looking at the country's political, economic, investment, social and environmental sectors, with graphical representations of the key economic and political indicators and forecasts of the country.
- A century of Debate About Health Care. // American History;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p63
The article presents a historical overview of the United States medical policy debate over state-run health insurance in the 20th century. Details are given highlighting the influence of anti-German sentiment after World War I in rejecting the European model of state-run health care and the...
- The second Reagan revolution. Eastland, Terry // American Spectator;Feb95, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on the opportunity for the Republican-controlled Congress to meet the expectations of voters. Voters' rejection of a liberal activist presidency; Economic performance of the United States under the presidency of Ronald Reagan; Continuation of the unfinished part of the Reagan...
- Not So Far. CHALBERG, JOHN C. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p47
No abstract available.