Voinovich to Push Measure Boosting Wastewater, Drinking Water SKF Funds
- Sen. Voinovich Introduces Bill to Double Funding for Clean Water SRFs. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p6
Reports on United States Senator George V. Voinovich's introduction of a bill to increase funding for the clean water state revolving fund (SRF) program. Low-interest loans to local governments and operators of sewer facilities; Success of the clean water SRF program.
- Voinovich honored for supporting pro-manufacturing agenda. // Toledo Business Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p24
The article announces that U.S. Senator George Voinovich will receive the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) Award for Manufacturing Legislative Excellence.
- George Voinovich. Kim, Brenda // Our States: Ohio;2016, p1
This article focuses on United States Senator George Voinovich (R-Ohio), who was elected in 1998 after serving two terms as governor of Ohio. The biographical information details Voinovich's early life and childhood, as well as how his career path led him into politics. Though an outspoken...
- A penny saved... Mortman, Howard // National Journal;4/03/99, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p907
Presents an anecdote on Ohio Senator George Voinovich in which he was seen picking a penny from a urinal, rinsing it and then keeping it, right before his inaugural ball as governor in 1991.
- Legislators with local ties address future of Alternative Minimum Tax. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p16
The article presents the opinions of several U.S. legislators on the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT). Republican Stephanie Tubbs Jones stated that without AMT relief, 15 million Americans will face a tax increase in 2007. Senator George Voinovich commented that the middle class is hurt by AMT....
- NASA Center Could Lift Ohio Higher. Bruns, Adam // Site Selection;May/Jun2009, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p293
The article reports on the contribution of the National Aeronautics & Space Administration's (NASA) Glenn Research Center to the economy in Ohio. It notes that Senator George Voinovich commends the economic opportunities provided by NASA particularly in the labor force of northeast Ohio....
- Labor Law Controversy May Keep Congress From Passing SRF Bills. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31474, p6
Reports the state of the bill for increasing the funding of wastewater and drinking water revolving loan funds in the U.S. Representation of a substantial annual increase; Applicability of the bill on the projects of the state; Application of labor law to both the initial federal funds that are...
- National Energy Security Act introduced. // Toledo Business Journal;May2009, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p37
The article reports on the introduction of the National Energy Security Act (NESA) in the U.S. It states that U.S. Senators Byron Dorgan and George Voinovich introduced NESA. It notes that NESA is legislation that proposes to boost energy security and national security by reducing U.S. reliance...
- Preliminary Observations on the Use of Funds for Clean and Drinking Water Projects. // GAO Reports;5/4/2011, preceding p1
The article presents a report from the Government Accountability Office (GAO) concerning the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 in the U.S. It reflects on the status and use of Recover Act State Revolving Fund (SRF) program funds as well as jobs financed by the Recovery Act SRF...