Pair of Higher Education Systems in Wyoming Seek Debt Authority
- Maryland University System Cuts Bonding, Eyes Tuition Hike. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31753, p38
Reports on the impact of Maryland's continuing budget problems and reduction on the University System of Maryland bonds. Anticipation of an increase in tuition fee; Amount bonds issued by the university per year; Use of inflation-adjusted dollars.
- California Compromise. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/12/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31882, p1
Reports on the deal announced by governor Arnold Schwarzenegger with the leaders of the University of California and California State University in California. Preparation of the governor to deliver a revised budget proposal; Promise of the compact to finance enrollment increases; Inclusion of...
- Texas Lawmakers Work to Pass $3.7B of Tuition Revenue Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32381, p6
The article focuses on the actions of Texas legislature concerning the approval of the 3.7 billion dollars of tuition revenue bonds to finance projects for state colleges and universities. The house had reached a consensus on the tuition revenue bond issue, which provide funding for public...
- Nashville's Vanderbilt University Wrapping Up $75M Taxable CP Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p7
Reports on the sale of commercial paper by the Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Flexibility in funding the future needs of the university; Stability of the endowment and bond ratings of the school; Limitation of debt capacity.
- ARKANSAS: Higher Ed GOs on the Way. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p31
The article reports that some bonds that have been approved could be issued in coming months to fund the needed capital improvements at 11 public universities and 22 two-year colleges in Arkansas. The bond package includes $150 million for new projects and $100 million to pay down an earlier...
- University of Oklahoma Selling $38.6M of General Revenue Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/17/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32548, p7
The article reports on the issuance of negotiated general revenue bonds totaling 38.6 million dollars by the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents. It is the school's first new-money issue supported by tuition and other non-specific revenue sources. The bonds include Series 2007A of 26.8...
- ALABAMA: Bob's Big School Bond. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/14/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32650, p9
The article reports on the move of Alabama Governor Bob Riley to sign into law the largest education offering in state history, which is a $1.07 billion bond issue that represents first for school construction in the state since 1998. The bonds will provide funds for construction and repairs...
- University Funding. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p27
Reports on the compromise budget for fiscal 2006 in Kansas. Plans of the House and Senate members to authorize issuance of bonds to expand research operations at three state universities; Inquiry into budget maneuvering at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- N.J.'s Montclair State University Set To Sell $117M of Mostly New Money. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;6/21/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32407, p4
The article reports on the plan of New Jersey's Montclaire State University to sell 116.5 million dollars revenue bonds including 105.8 million dollars of new money. The deal was given an underlying A2 rating by Moody's Investors Service. The lead underwriter for the deal is Lehman Brothers. The...