Culturally Competent Nursing Care for American Indian Clients in a Critical Care Setting
- Critical Thinking. Hynes, Patricia // Dynamics;Fall2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p4
As the Canadian Association of critical Care Nurse board of directors prepares to release the third edition of Standards for Critical Care Nursing Practice, greater emphasis on patient safety and infection control are among the key changes to the document. One of the most important ways that...
- The Process of Gerontological Competence in the Delivery of Acute Nursing Care. Hirst, Sandra P.; Cole, Mollie // Indian Journal of Gerontology;2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p456
Several models of service delivery and education have emerged to meet the challenge of caring for an ageing population. Described in this article is one model by which increasing recognition is given to the uniqueness of older adults within the acute care hospital setting. Specific strategies...
- Keeping patients safe. Kitson, Alison // Nursing Standard;10/25/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p18
Critical care nurse Jeremy Benton questions RCN executive director of nursing Alison Kitson about creating a safe environment for patients.
- 'End-of-life' decision making within intensive care-objective, consistent, defensible? Ravenscroft, Andrew J.; Bell, M. D. Dominic // Journal of Medical Ethics;Dec2000, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p435
Objective--To determine the objectivity, consistency and professional unanimity in the initiation, continuation and withdrawal of life-prolonging procedures in intensive care--to determine methods, time-scale for withdrawal and communication with both staff and relatives--to explore any...
- Coding for critical care: Timing is everything. // ED Management;Nov2008, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p125
The article offers instructions for proper documentation and billing of emergency departments' critical care division.
- From the Editor. Alspach, Grif // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 22, preceding p1
The article discusses the report about managing anemia in critically ill patients and the role played by critical care nurses in their care.
- Briefs. // Australian Nursing Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p35
Presents updates on issues related to critical care nursing in Australia as of October 2000. Observations made by nurses from Flinders University in South Australia; Causes of stress among postgraduate critical care nurses; Emergency services for children with special health care needs.
- INTENSIVE CARE UNITS "WITHOUT WALLS" - CONCEPT "OUTREACH. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p12
An abstract of the article "Intensive Care Units Without Walls - Concept Outreach," by Gordana DragoÅ¡ev, Petar MirkoviÄ‡, and Sofija AlijeviÄ‡ is presented.
- Audit Commission calls for improvements to critical care. White, Caroline // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/30/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7218, p1152
Reports on the critical care services in England and Wales. Cost of critical care in England and Wales; Mortality in intensive care units in England and Wales.