Assessing and Treating Sleep Problems in Family Caregivers of Intensive Care Unit Patients
- Sleep disorders in children with neurological disorders - greatly unrecognized by caregivers and misdiagnosed by physician. Pasca, Valentina-Maria; Vintan, Mihaela Adela; Benga, Ileana // Annals of General Psychiatry;2008 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, Special section p1
Background Sleep is a complex physiological process influenced in children by temperament, diurnal activity, habits, parent-child interaction, and familial enviroment. Sleep necessary varies from a child to another and is depends of age. Sleep structure reflects the maturation process of the...
- Stress Relief for Kids--and You. Mantica, Ana // Prevention;Sep2004, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p119
Discusses the benefits of mediation classes for parents and kids. How children face stressful situations at school, sports, and at home; Consideration of how a reduction in stress causes a decrease in the risk for insomnia, skin disorders, headaches, and depression; Advice for parents to show...
- Reported symptoms of sleep problems by age. // Geriatrics;May2003, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p16
Presents a graph related to symptoms of sleep problems by age.
- The obstructive sleep apnoea/hypopnoea syndrome. Douglas, N.J. // Practical Neurology;Feb2003, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p22
Focuses on the neurological disorder termed as sleep apnoea/hypopnoea syndrome. Clinical features of the neurological disorder; Implications of obstructive sleep apnoea/hypopnoea syndrome; Diagnosis of the neurological disorder and treatment.
- sleep start. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2143
A definition of the term "sleep start," which refers to muscle jerking or shortening that occurs at the onset of sleep, usually involving the legs but occasionally the arms, neck, or head, is presented.
- sleep state misperception. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2143
A definition of the term "sleep state misperception," which refers to the subjective sense that one has disordered sleep without objective findings of insomnia, hypersomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, or other sleep disorder, is presented.
- Ask the expert. // Women's Fitness;May2015, Issue 139, p94
A question and answer on issue related to trouble in sleeping is presented.
- 4. Parasomnias. // GP: General Practitioner;11/4/2002, p72
Focuses on parasomnic sleep phenomena. Division of parasomnias into primary and secondary sleep phenomena; Description of parasomnias; threat to cause injuries to patient or bed partner; Treatment for violent sleep behavior.
- Short Term Modafinil Use During Sleep Disorder Evaluations: Focus on High Risk Professions and Behaviors. Schaller, James L.; Behar, David // Internet Journal of Family Practice;2002, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p29
Patients can present with undiagnosed sleep disorders. Modest fatigue can impair their neurological, functional and psychological capacities. Four patients demonstrated improved functioning on modafinil, during the months required for a complete sleep evaluation, specialist consults and...