In Southern California, ACTA Returns for Act Two
- Hope Springs Eternal ï¿½ French Bondholders and the Soviet Repudiation (1915ï¿½1919). Oosterlinck, Kim; Landon-Lane, John S. // Review of Finance;Dec2006, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p507
Repudiations rarely occur due to their extreme nature. This paper provides an empirical study based on an original database: prices of a Tsarist bond traded in Paris before and after its repudiation by the Soviets. A structural VAR is used to disentangle French market shocks from repudiation...
- Councils 'need bond guarantees'. Johnstone, Richard // Public Finance;Jan2012, Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the plan of the Local Government Association in Great Britain to establish a collective bond agency approach in 2012. It says that under the scheme, local councils will guarantee each others' debts to maintain triple-A rating and attract more investors. However, it notes...
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p30
Presents a chart on the invisible supply of bonds in the southeast, compiled as of July 29, 2004. State education capital outlay bonds in Florida; Atlanta, Georgia revenue bonds; State Garvee bonds in Georgia.
- New York's Suffolk County Taking Its Turn at Market. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/26/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31997, p7
The article reports that Suffolk County will be the latest New York county in the market when it sells $32.8 million in public improvement serial bonds along with $55 million in tax anticipation notes. Moody's Investors Service said in a report late Friday that it was putting Suffolk County's...
- BENCHMARK BONDS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/8/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p19
Presents a chart concerning the benchmark bonds of several countries as of November 8, 2004. Argentina; Brazil; Chile; Colombia; Ecuador.
- Negotiated Note Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;9/29/2014, p7
A chart is presented that shows negotiated note sales as of September 29, 2014.
- RAIL WORK PLANS LOOM IN TORONTO. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/19/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 19, p39
After long negotiations Canada has agreed to boost new commuter rail construction in the Toronto area for the next five to seven years with about 297 million dollars, an amount that could rise to 891 million dollars if the Ontario government and local municipalities provide matching one-third...
- Better border links. // Railway Gazette International;Sep2012, Vol. 168 Issue 9, p19
The article reports on the completion of a railroad construction project from Yuxi to Mengzi in Yunnan, China on August 14, 2012, which is funded by the Ministry of Railways and the Yunnan province.
- Ordsall Lane curve proposed in Northern Hub report. Miles, Tony // Modern Railways;Mar2010, Vol. 67 Issue 738, p8
The article focuses on the commendation received by the Northern Hub report of Network Rail released on February 16, 2010 from transport leaders in England, which proposes work to address the constraints of the rail network in Greater Manchester and the North.