Memphis' Record $1.4 Billion Deal Locks in Electricity Prices
- Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division, Gets Top Rating. // American Gas;Nov2000, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p21
Reports that the public utility Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division (MLGW) has been rated the top utility in the southern region of the United States by J.D. Power and Co. Comments from MLGW president and chief executive, Herman Morris Jr.; Key to satisfaction in the electric utility industry.
- Up With People. Morris Jr., Herman // American Gas;Apr2001, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p6
Comments on the strategies adopted by the Memphis Light Gas & Water Division (MLGW) to improve customer care practices in its municipal utility operations in Memphis, Tennessee. Adoption of training programs to improve the customer service skills of employees; Solicitation of customer feedback...
- Prepay Gas Contract OK'd. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32452, p31
The article reports on the approval of a prepay natural gas deal by the Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division of Tennessee for the Tennessee Energy Acquisition Corp. to allow utilities to lock in savings for joint action agencies and public gas systems. The deal could lead to a sale of $660...
- Software permits migration from mainframe to a PC workstation. Hargrove, Christer; Robinson, Adam // Electric Light & Power;Jan1996, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division's migration from mainframe to a personal computer workstation. Software description; Use of a CADAM mainframe system; Problems faced by the company; Process used to evaluate potential solutions.
- Membhis Utility Fund May Increase Bonds. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;09/06/99, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p2
Features the consolidation of the manager roster of Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division Pension System. Recommendations of an asset allocation study; Remarks from Jim Reeve, treasurer and vice president of finance at Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division Pension System; Asset allocation mix...
- MINORITY RECRUITMENT: WORKING TO BRIDGE THE GAP. Blackmon, Joyce McAnulty // Management Review;Apr85, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p58
Presents a perspective on minority employment in the United States. Experiences of Memphis Light, Gas and Water in increasing minority participation; College contacts; In-house programs; Mentor system.
- Top 50 Utility Companies. Barbarello, Kathleen // Business News New Jersey;07/12/99, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p23
Presents the top 50 utility companies in New Jersey as ranked by number of customers. Year established; City base; Counties served; Senior executives.
- News in brief. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/9/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p16
Presents updates on electric and water utilities in the Middle East as of May 9, 2003. Contract awarded to Lahmeyer International; Prequalification request issued by Tavanir; Bid of Civil Contracting Co. for a transmission network project.
- Guinea-Bissau Implements Electricity Prepayment Tech. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;3/22/2012, p21
The article reports that the national power and water utility in Guinea-Bissau, Electricidade e Agua Guinee Bissau, has completed the execution of Itron's electricity prepayment technology.