New Jersey Again Tops Calendar, This Time With $700M Deal
- Bay State To Debut New Credit. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p1
Reports on the sale of tax-backed debt by Massachusetts for its new School Building Authority. Usage of the proceeds for school construction projects; Facilitation of earlier pricing to take advantage of favorable market conditions; Decline of the benchmark 10-year Treasury yield.
- Wisconsin, Illinois Voters to Decide on Pension, Other Deals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p3
Reports on the referendum concerning the proposal to sell pension debt for school construction in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. Appropriation for space preservation and road improvements; Promotion of support for pension borrowing plan; Warning of spending cuts following the rejection of the...
- Unfinished Business. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p35
Reports on the bond proposal of the Union Independent School District No.9 in Oklahoma. Financing of the second phase of a renovation at a middle school; Construction of the Tulsa district's 12th elementary school; Combination of the 2003 and 2005 bond issue.
- Texans OK $1.5 Billion For Schools. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p1
Reports that Texas voter has approved a multibillion general obligation bonds to finance a myriad of school districts and local projects. Percentage of voters who approved the bond plan to finance the construction of eight elementary schools, two middle schools and one high school in addition...
- California Voters to Face $13B Measure. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p1
Reports on the vote to approve a general obligation bond measure for school construction in California. Senate approval of the multi-year package; Uses of the bond proceeds; Value of the approved measures for local school districts.
- Officials question if QZABs will live up to their promise. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p7
Focuses on the Qualified Zone Academy Bond program which aims to provide federal assistance for local school construction efforts in the United States. Reasons cited why the program will not be able to accomplish its goal; Small amount of bonds in the program; Comment by Jeff Maddrey, attorney...
- Lincoln, Neb., to seek voter approval for $100 million to build high schools. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p36
Reports that Lincoln, Nebraska's Board of Education has asked voters to approve up to $100 million of general obligation bonds to build two high schools. Benefits from the construction of the high school buildings.
- New Mexico forced to find new financing formula for schools. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30697, p1
Reports on New Mexico's search for financing of school construction activities. Taking away of money from districts that lack the wealth to support bond issues; Allocation of construction funds to school districts.
- Los Angeles School Board Seeks Construction Bond. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;12/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p4
Los Angeles voters will be asked to support a U.S. $3.87 billion bond issue next year to renovate and build new classrooms. The school board of the Los Angeles Unified School District agreed unanimously last month to put the bond issue on the March 2 ballot. Under the plan, the 750,000-student...