Washington's King County Preps $100 Million Lease Revenue Deal
- SOCIAL IMPACT BONDS. MACDONALD, DAVID // Alberta Views;Dec2013, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p29
The article focuses on social impact bonds which are used in funding social services. It states that social impact bonds are not charity rather they are financial schemes that can result to a healthy private sector profit. It says that the scheme enables the government to pay investors a profit...
- N.Y.C. Trust Issuing $85 Million for Dance Foundation, Morgan Library. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p3
Reports on the preparation of the New York City Trust for Cultural Resources to sell the bonds of Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation and Pierpont Morgan Library. Utilization of the long-term bonds for the expansion and renovation of the organizations; Inclusions of the capital and endowment campaign;...
- Scared of the bull. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;03/10/97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p74
Reports that not-for-profit hospitals in the United States are investing too much money in noninvestment-grade bonds. How not-for-profit healthcare providers plan to add equities; How investment performance is determined; Statistics on the average asset allocation of some multihospital systems...
- TENNESSEE: Rare Rating . Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31274, p39
Reports on the assignment of 'AA' ranking to the revenue bond issued by the Fairfax County Industrial Development Authority for the Inova Health System Foundation (IHSF). Agency that assigns the ranking; Amount of the revenue bond; Shift in the outlook of the rating agency on the outstanding...
- NABL Wants Favorable Treatment of Partnerships. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;9/19/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F336, p1
Partnerships between governmental or nonprofit entities and private entities should be treated favorably under private-activity bond and 501(c)(3) bond rules, the National Association of Bond Lawyers argued.
- Northern Ireland asked to embrace non-profit PPPs. Gosling, Paul // Public Finance;5/24/2002, p9
Reports the approval of public-private partnerships in Northern Ireland. Involvement of not-for-profit enterprises in the social partnerships; Suitability for public service delivery; Role of voluntary and community sector in joint ventures with non-profit distributing entities.
- PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS: ACCOUNTABILITY AND GOVERNANCE. Greiling, Dorthea; Halachmi, Arie // Public Administration Quarterly;Summer2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p133
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss several topics within the issue, including information on the governance of public-private partnerships (PPPs), collaboration between organizations to address global health, and PPPs and non-profit organizations.
- Fiscal Accountability Dilemma in Nigeria Public Sector: A Warning Model for Economic Retrogression. Okpala, Kenneth Enoch // Research Journal of Finance & Accounting;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p113
The diagnostic survey conducted in 2001 into the Federal Government public procurement revealed that Nigeria lost several hundred billions of Naira over the last few decades due of flagrant abuse of procedures, lack of transparency and merit in the award of contracts in the public sector....
- Where the money isn't: Nonprofits face tough time filling staff jobs. Occhipinti, Christina // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/16/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 42, p2
The article reports on the problems facing nonprofit organization in the U.S. in filling staff jobs. Nonprofits have a very tough time against the major organizations in the financial sector that continues to absorb all available resources across the job market. Furthermore, it has been said...