Indiana's High Court Rules in Favor Of Lake County Over Tax Disputes
- SCOTUS won't take Indiana case. Hoskins, Michael W. // Indiana Lawyer;10/27/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p6
The article reports that the Supreme Court of the U.S. will not re-consider a ruling by the Indiana Supreme Court that upholds the death sentence of Daniel Ray Wilkes.
- INDIANA COURT DECISIONS - APRIL 17-30, 2013. // Indiana Lawyer;5/8/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p20
The article presents the summaries of court decisions released by the Seventh Circuit of Appeals, the Indiana Supreme Court and the Tax Court from April 17-30, 2012. The court cases are highlighted which include "Emilio Martino v. Western & Southern Financial Group," "Kooshtard Property VIII,...
- Majority reverses new advisement. Nelson, Jennifer // Indiana Lawyer;12/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p20
The article reports on the reversion of the Indiana Supreme Court's decision in September 2010 to require pro se defendants be informed about the dangers of pleading guilty without an attorney.
- MEDICAL MALPRACTICE. // Defense Counsel Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p523
Examines the ruling made by the Indiana Supreme Court on the Bader versus Johnson case, stating that it is just a claim for medical malpractice. Information on the case; Basis for the court's decision.
- State Supreme Court won't take Hilbert appeal. Donhardt, Tracy // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p55A
The article reports that the Indiana Supreme Court has refused to review a lower court ruling ordering Stephen Hilbert to pay Conseco Inc.
- Vouchers validated, program scope at issue. Stafford, Dave // Indiana Lawyer;4/10/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on the expansion of the Choice Scholarship Program in Indiana in 2013. It discusses the judgment for the case Teresa Meredith, et al. v. Mike Pence, et al and states its impact on the scholarship program. It also notes the voucher opinion of the Indiana Supreme Court and...
- BOONE COUNTY. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/21/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p17
The article reports on the order given by the Supreme Court to Whitestown and Boone County to share the responsibility of granting tax abatements in an area coveted by both in Indiana. Under the decision, developers who want tax abatement must get approval from both entities. The decision also...
- INDIANA COURT DECISIONS - MARCH 22-APRIL 3, 2012. // Indiana Lawyer;4/13/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p17
The article offers information on several judgment taken by courts in Indiana. As mentioned, the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals has ordered the case related to disability insurance benefits from the Social Security Administration, back to the agency for further proceedings. It also includes...
- INDIANA: State Supreme Court clears way for trial in lesbian parent case. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/8/2005, Issue 937, p35
The article reports on the decision of the Supreme Court that a Bloomington woman can sue for parental rights to a child that her former lesbian partner conceived through artificial insemination in Indiana. The court's 4-1 ruling sends Dawn King's lawsuit back to a Monroe County judge, who ruled...