Prison for Contractor
- Ronald Isley Could Get 26-Year Sentence For Tax Evasion. // Jet;11/21/2005, Vol. 108 Issue 21, p20
The article mentions that Ronald Isley, who was convicted of tax evasion, could be given a prison sentence of 26 years. He is a member of the Isley Brothers singing group and has been accused of cashing his late brother's royalty checks. Information about the location of his homes and his...
- AN UNCAGED BIRD. BROWN, S. TIA // Jet;11/25/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 17, p8
The article reports that singer and Grammy Award winner Lauryn Hill, who was sentenced to a three-month jail term and three months of home detention after pleading guilty to tax evasion, was released in October 2013.
- Daslu Owner Sentenced. Kepp, Michael // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/27/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 65, p3
The article reports that Eliana Tranchesi, owner of the fashion emporium Daslu in Sao Paulo, has been found guilty of forming a criminal ring, tax evasion and falsification of documents. She has been sentenced to 94 years in prison. The duration of the trial was two years from early 2006 to June...
- PEOPLE. // Education Week;12/12/1990, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p3
The article reports on developments involving distinguished persons in the education sector in the U.S. A former manager and star of the Cincinnati Reds baseball team will serve out part of his 1,000 hours of court-ordered community service as an instructor assistant for the physical-education...
- SENTENCING IN FEDERAL TAX FRAUD CASES. Craig, Walter E. // Tax Lawyer;Fall70, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p49
Focuses on the prison sentence for federal tax fraud cases in the United States. Objectives of criminal sanctions; Responses of district court judges to queries on tax fraud sentences; Factors to be considered in sentence implementation.
- AdvisorHUB Founder Gets 18 Months in Prison for Tax Evasion. Welsch, Andrew // Financial-planning.com;9/21/2015, p13
The article reports on the prison sentence of advisorHUB, a broker gossip website, founder Andrew Parish for tax evasion in 2009 and the restitution fine that he was ordered to pay by a federal judge in the U.S.
- Arch Coal Scheme Ringleader Sentenced to Prison. // Coal Age;Jul2015, Vol. 120 Issue 7, p17
The article reports on the imposition of a 41-year prison sentence to David Runyon, general manager of the mining company Mountain Laurel, who was convicted of extortion and tax evasion in the federal court of the Southern District of West Virginia.
- Tax Fraud Blotter: Runners, Refunds and Returns. Stimpson, Jeff // Accountingtoday.com;12/7/2015, p1
Some of our favorite recent tax fraud cases.
- Two former officials of Briar Contracting admit evading taxes. Jordan, John // Westchester County Business Journal;9/13/93, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p1
Reveals that two former vice presidents of Briar Contracting Corp. have pleaded guilty for tax evasion. Penalty imposed by the District Court in White Plains, New York; Admission of wrong-doing by Richard Lombardi; Investigation in April 1991; Terms of the settlement agreement.