- DETROIT DISTRICT SEEKS APPROVAL OF $500 MILLION BOND PROPOSAL. // American School & University;Oct2009, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on the Detroit, Michigan school district's 500 million dollars construction bond proposal for upgrading its facilities and building new schools. It states that the school district is seeking approval of the plan, Proposal S, which will help the district make the transition to...
- Election Snafus Entangle Big Deal in Sparse Sacramento District. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32512, p32
The article reports on the move of Board of Supervisors whether to approve redoing the vote on the bond question representing less than half of the funding for Folsom-Cordova School District's $1.7 billion expansion plan in San Francisco, California. It has been mentioned that Folsom-Cordova...
- Six Utah School Districts Pass $632 Million Worth of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/29/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32413, p36
The article reports on the approval of bond referendums by voters in six school districts in Utah. The approval would give way for more than $632 million of general obligation issuance. The proceeds will finance six new elementary schools, reconstruction of an existing facility and a new junior...
- Race to the Finish. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p27
Reports on the acceleration of the construction timeline for bond projects by the Dysart Unified School District No. 89 in Phoenix, Arizona. Result of the rising construction costs; Avoidance of dealing with unexpected costs; Consideration of the factors affecting the completion of the project.
- Forward Thinking. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Jan2007, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p6
The article focuses on predicted school and university construction spending for the year 2007. New York passed budget targets of $2.6 billion for school construction and is able to borrow billions more. According to the article the year 2006 was record-breaking in regards to the number of...
- New Jersey Again Tops Calendar, This Time With $700M Deal. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p37
Reports on the issuance of bonds by the state of New Jersey. Use of the proceeds for school building construction; Reinvention of the January bond coupon and redemption payments; Assessment of the state income taxes; Imbalance between general obligation bonds and appropriation debt.
- Bay State To Debut New Credit. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p1
Reports on the sale of tax-backed debt by Massachusetts for its new School Building Authority. Usage of the proceeds for school construction projects; Facilitation of earlier pricing to take advantage of favorable market conditions; Decline of the benchmark 10-year Treasury yield.
- Wisconsin, Illinois Voters to Decide on Pension, Other Deals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32104, p3
Reports on the referendum concerning the proposal to sell pension debt for school construction in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. Appropriation for space preservation and road improvements; Promotion of support for pension borrowing plan; Warning of spending cuts following the rejection of the...
- Ohio House Evaluates $1.1 Billion School Facilities Proposal. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30864, p3
Reports on the Ohio House of Representatives' review of a construction bill that would provide financing for school buildings. Key provisions of the legislation; Bond issues proposed for higher education capital needs; Sources of funding.