No New Jail
- ARKANSAS: Hot Springs Jail Tax Rocks. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/18/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33600, p9
The article reports that 64% of voters have agreed on the proposals of Garland County, Arkansas to raise the sales tax rate to build and operate a new jail in Hot Springs.
- Jail Vote Underway. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/11/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33596, p9
The article reports that the voters in Garland County, Arkansas will go the polling places to vote on the sales tax increase by 1% to construct and operate a new county jail worth 40 million dollars in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
- Voters OK Tax Hike to Build New Jail for Izard County, Ark. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31180, p3
Reports that county voters in Izard County, Arkansas approved a temporary sales tax to back bonds that will finance construction of a jail. Bond authorization; Jail and prison bond sales from 1991 to 2000.
- Final schematic approved for Burnet County Jail. Hosman, Catherine // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/2/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p1A
The article reports that the board of the Burnet County Public Facility Corp. has approved the final schematic design for the new Burnet County Jail in Texas.
- Out of sight, out of mind. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/12/94, Vol. 233 Issue 11, p18
Reports on Marin County, California's jail construction project. Construction cost of the county jail; Reasons for the project's success; Design of the jail; Residents' opposition to the project due to its proximity to the Civic Center designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- New jail to go to Bosque voters. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/14/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the decision of Bosque County Commissioner's Court to let voters decide whether to fund a new jail to replace the current facility in Texas.
- Compromise may spur plans for new Minnesota jail. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30452, p3
Reports that Saint Paul and Ramsey County officials have set a deadline for the final construction plan of the bond-financed jail in Minnesota. Ramsey County's bond sales; Cost of jail project; Formation of a committee for settling arguments.
- New county jail still on the drawing board. Hosman, Catherine // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/17/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 42, p16A
The article offers information on the plan of new county jail at the Burnet County, Texas.
- New jails on the way, officials say. Donovan, Bill // Navajo Times;5/19/2011, Vol. 50 Issue 20, pA.1
The article reports on the construction of new tribal jails in Tuba City and Kayenta, Arizona.