Charter's Cold Boulder
- House committee approves tort reform bill. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;5/30/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p26
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives could soon give its approval to the Lawsuit Abuse Reduction Act. It wouldn't be the first time the House has done so, either. In fact, lawmakers passed an earlier version of LARA, H.R. 420, last September 2005, but the Senate never took...
- Scaffold Lawsuit to be dismissed, appeal planned. Skriloff, Dylan // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/11/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p5
The article reports on the plan to dismiss the lawsuit that would abolish the "scaffold law," or the infamous 240-241 labor law by Federal Justice McCarthy of the U.S. District Court, Western District of New York. According to Frank DeCarlo, President of Business for a Better New York and...
- Judge Rules New Orleans Board Must Revote on Charters. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;11/2/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p15
The article informs that the New Orleans, Louisiana, school board's decision to open its first post-Hurricane Katrina group of 13 schools as charter schools was declared void last week by a local judge, who ruled that the panel's vote violated the state's open-meetings law. On October 27, 2005,...
- State Courts Side With Charters. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;12/13/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p11
The article focuses on the state courts in Colorado and Ohio which have confirmed decisions favoring their charter schools. A Colorado judge upheld the constitutionality of the Colorado Charter School Institute which authorizes the independent but publicly funded charter schools. Plaintiffs in...
- COURT DOCKETS. // BusinessWest;7/4/2011, p60
The article lists the lawsuits involving area businesses and organizations in Western Massachusetts in several courts including the Hampden Superior Court, the Northampton District Court, and the Palmer District Court.
- COURT DOCKETS. // BusinessWest;4/9/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p67
The article lists the recent lawsuits and courts in which they will be heard in April 2012 which includes Northampton District Court, James Connif vs. Andrew B. Chertoff M.D. and Hampshire Superior Court.
- District Court Recent Action. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);3/13/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p6
The article lists the district court decision of various cases including Brent Michael Medley, Jamie Darrell Ledgerwood and Jose David Saldana.
- District Court Cases. // New Yorker;1/1/1972, Vol. 47 Issue 46, p24
The article presents district court cases which concerns a dog attacking people in New York City.
- COURT DOCKETS. // BusinessWest;9/22/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p59
The article presents the compilation of lawsuits in different courts involving area businesses and organizations in Massachusetts including the Franklin Superior Court, the Palmer District Court, and the Springfield District Court.