Beebe vs. TIFs
- Miners may sit vacant for years. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;2/6/2013, Vol. 55 Issue 6, pA1
The article reports on the possibility that Miner's Institute in Collinsville, Illinois might remain vacant for years as the city and the Collinsville Area Recreation District (CARD) disagree over the repayment of tax increment financing (TIF) funds to CARD.
- Dallas utility district lays groundwork for refunding, reducing debt service. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30617, p27
Informs about the efforts of Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District (DCURD) in Texas to recruit other local governments to aid in its recovery plan. Willingness of a new tax increment financing (TIF) district to help bail out the DCURD; Creation of the TIF by the city of Irving to...
- ARKANSAS: Send Highway Debt to Voters. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/20/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32590, p9
The article reports that Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe and the state Senate have agreed that state voters should decide whether to issue $757 million of funds for interstate highway improvements. The Senate has sent SB 840 to the House, where it was assigned a hearing from the Public...
- Puzzling BGR stance tackles TIF dilemma. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/19/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p26
Comments on the opposition of the Bureau of Government Research against the use of tax increment financing (TIF) as tool for economic development in Louisiana. Allocation of public resources; Practicality of the inflated homestead tax exemption; Arguments for the use of TIF.
- CDFA: Gahanna, Ohio, Has Best TIF Program. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/7/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p2
The article reports that Gahanna, Ohio has been selected by the Council of Development Finance Agencies (CDFA) as having the best tax increment finance (TIF) program in the country. The recognition came at the CDFA's 2nd annual showcase competition the council allowed attendees to vote on the...
- Chicago Considering TIF for Financial District. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p1
The article reports that the town of Chicago in Illinois is considering the creation of a new downtown tax increment financing (TIF) district near its lucrative but soon-to-expire Central Loop TIF district. The aim is to provide an infusion of $550 million for the redevelopment of the LaSalle...
- Communities lose more than they gain from TIFs. Bohanon, Cecil; Styring, Bill // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/2/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p20
The article offers the authors' insights about the risks associated with tax increment financing, which is widely used as economic development tool in Indiana.
- Officials must open books on TIF spending. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/3/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p24
The article comments on tax-increment financing (TIF) in Chicago, Illinois. It mentions that TIFs have been instrumental in reviving neighborhoods across the city and suburbs. It is stated that more open procedures are needed to check TIFs and its spending as a whole should be examined regularly...
- ICSC and CDFA Release Groundbreaking TIF Guide. // Global Public Policy Report;Dec2007, p1
The article reviews the book "Tax Increment Finance Best Practices Reference Guide."