Alaska Gov. Murkowski Proposes $340M Infrastructure Bond Plan
- Virginia's Warner Set to Sign $145M Bond Bill to Fund Dulles Rail Link. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p3
Reports on the plans of Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner to sign into law a bill that would authorize transportation revenue bonds to fund an extension of Washington, D.C.-based Metrorail system to Dulles Airport. Sponsor of the bill; Senate's approval of the measure; Hopes of the Virginia...
- Frans Sell Well. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p31
Reports on the sale of a multi-million dollar federal highway reimbursement anticipation notes by Governor Mark R. Warner to fund state transportation projects in Virginia.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31802, p29
These are several news articles related to public finance in the Southeast region of the U.S. as of March 27, 2003. The Florida state Senate is reviewing a measure that would permit the use of tolls to back bonds issued within the Florida county where the tolls are collected, instead of just...
- DeKalb's Request. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32199, p27
Reports that voters in DeKalb County, Georgia could be asked to consider a bond referendum for transportation improvements. Schedule of a series of public information meetings.
- Oklahoma OKs Upcoming Garvee Sales. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31006, p48
Highlights the decision of Oklahoma Bond Oversight Commission to approve putting federal highway funds toward repaying the bonds over the next 10 years. Value of the bonds to be issued by the state Department of Transportation; Legislature's approval of the use of grant anticipation revenue...
- Colorado DOT Shelves $400 Million Revenue Bond Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31247, p3
Reports the impact of the terrorist attacks on the sale of the transportation revenue bonds of the Colorado Department of Transportation. Cancellation of infrastructure programs; Cutbacks on state agency budgets; Shortfalls envisioned as a result of the crisis.
- Other People's Money. // Orange County Business Journal;12/13/99, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p46
Comments on the bailout of the toll lanes' private investors in Orange County, California. Issuance of tax-exempt bonds; Amount involved in the project; Lack of the critical element of financial accountability of the project.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vekshin, Alison; Peacock, Wayne; McDonald, Michael; Braun, Martin Z.; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31408, p39
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S as of June 2002. Projection of the issuance of general obligation bonds; Issuance of bonds to finance economic development projects; Increase of the funding for the transportation program.
- Manatee's Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31849, p29
Reports on the plan of Manatee County, Florida to sell multimillion dollars of transportation revenue refunding and improvement bonds. Uses of the proceeds; Remarks from Manatee finance director Jim Seuffert regarding the development.