Colorado, Arkansas Governors Push Transportation Debt
- Arkansas Governor Calls Special Session Today on Schools. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p34
The article reports that Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee has called a special session on school finance. The Arkansas General Assembly will address issues on school finance reforms, as well as a proposal to ban smoking in most enclosed public spaces. Huckabee has given lawmakers a March 30, 2006...
- CAMPAIGN STOP: ISRAEL. Lederman, Josh // Hill;2/15/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p34
The article presents information on the former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's tour of Israel.
- Evans & Novak. Evans, Rowland; Novak, Robert // Human Events;04/17/98, Vol. 54 Issue 15, p10
Presents some of the closer races for governor around the United States for 1998. Background on Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas; Information on Representative Jane Harman of California; Report on Colorado's State Treasurer Bill Owens.
- Legality of Arkansas Governor's Plan To Spend Tobacco Money Questioned. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p31
Focuses on questions raised on the legality of proposal offered by Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee to use the state's share of the national tobacco settlement. Issuance of debt by Arkansas Development Finance Authority; Tobacco bonds issued by the state.
- Raise Taxes, Cut Benefits Or Do The Right Thing. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);01/18/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on a tax fund created by Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Reason for the creation of the fund; Aim of the funding.
- Pastor-Populist Mike Huckabee. Olasky, Marvin // Human Events;2/19/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p18
The article features Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Huckabee's guesting in Jon Stewart's afternoon show is highlighted. Huckabee defends himself from accusations on spending and tax hikes in 2006, by saying that he responded to court demands for added educational funding and pushed for a gas...
- Arkansas Governor Joins School-Consolidation Debate. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p28
Reports on the plan of Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee for school district consolidation as other lawmakers pushed consolidation measures of their own. Features of his plan for school districts; Consolidation of school districts according to his plan; Other plans by lawmakers in the state.
- Governing with reason. Penchoff, Jack // State Government News;Aug2003, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p9
Features Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Career background; Political issues faced by Huckabee; His views on issues on government budget.
- School bureaucracy is under the gun. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;1/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p13
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's endorsement of a series of school measures ranging from reorganizing the state education office to creating character education programs.