CalPERS Ready to Offer Gilt-Edged Credit Enhancements
- Moody's: Stockton Ruling is Credit Positive for CalPERS. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;11/6/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34207, p1
Moody's Investors Service said the outcome of Stockton, Calif.'s bankruptcy confirmation hearing is a credit positive for the California Public Employees Retirement System since pension obligations were unimpaired.
- Moody's Puts Pension Systems, Cal State Debt on Downgrade Review. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/20/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33151, p4
The article reports on the decision of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to place California's two state pension systems, California Public Employees' Retirement System and the California State Teachers' Retirement System on review for downgrade in 2009 in California. It states that the pension...
- Moody's: Stockton Ruling is Credit Positive for CalPERS. Chin, Tonya // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;11/6/2014, p1
A judge's ruling approving Stockton, Calif.'s bankruptcy exit plan, which does not impair pension obligations, is a credit positive for the California Public Employees Retirement System, according to Moody's Investors Service.
- Moody's: Bankrupt San Bernardino's Agreement with CalPERS Is A Credit Negative. Webster, Keeley // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;12/1/2014, p1
The article offers a report released on November 24, 2014, by financial services provider Moody's analyst regarding the San Bernardino's interim agreement with his creditor CalPERS (California Public Employees' Retirement System) to protect employees from bankruptcy. Topics discussed include no...
- Fitch Lowers Michigan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32556, p1
The article reports on the move of the Fitch Ratings Inc. to lower down the credit ratings for Michigan. At the same time, Moody's Investors Service Inc. gave the state a negative rating for its outlook. The factors of the AA-minus rating are the acceleration of economic decline in the state and...
- Moody's Rates CalPERS Program Aaa. Helen Chang // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p2
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has assigned a Aaa long-term rating and P-1 short-term rating to the California Public Employees' Retirement System and its soon-to-come US$5 billion credit enhancement service for U.S. municipalities.
- Fitch: CalPERS Decision Will Raise Pension Costs. Chin, Tonya // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;8/25/2014, p2
The article reports on the decision of the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) to boost funding pressures on public employers, according to rating agency Fitch Ratings. Topics include the actuarial value of CalPERS' unfunded pension liabilities, the expanded definition of...
- CalPERS, Ready to Launch Credit Enhancement Program, Wins AAA From Fitch. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p29
Focuses on the plan of the California Public Employee's Retirement System to enter the credit enhancement business. Rating given by Fitch Ratings to the program; Worth of credit enhancement; Scale of the enhancement program compared to the resources of the retirement plan.
- Ohio Pension Funds Take Action Against Rating Agencies. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Weekly;11/20/2009, p2
The article reports on the lawsuits to be filed by Ohio's public employee retirement and pension funds against three national credit rating agencies for allegedly releasing unjustified ratings. In his November 20, 2009 press release, Attorney General Richard Cordray stated that Fitch Ratings,...