Minnesota Gov. Pawlenty Urges Tax Freeze, Genomics Center
- Democrats vs. Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p35
Reports on the approval of the fiscal 2006-07 budget plan of the Democratic-controlled Senate in Minnesota. Elimination of budget deficits; Reliance on new general obligation borrowing to pay for projects; Criticisms of the Democrat's approach to passing a new biennial budget by Republican...
- (NUTRITION) MN Judge Rules Against Unilateral Budget Cut. // Community Health Funding Week;1/1/2010, p21
The article reports that Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty cut 2.7 billion dollars in state funds to balance the state's budget.
- Pawlenty Continues To Target Health Care. // Minnesota Medicine;Mar2010, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on the plan of Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty to cancel a 1.2 billion dollars state budget deficit through decreasing the income eligibility guidelines for single adults.
- Minnesota's New Governor Unveils Deficit-Busting Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p28
Reports on Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty's plan to wipe out deficit in the state's two-year budget as of January 2003. Details of the plan; Pressures on legislators in the state to approve the plan; Possible scrutiny of the plan in the Senate.
- Stimulus Funds Bring Minnesota Gap Down $278 Million From Last Estimate. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/4/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33074, p5
The article reports on the forecast of Minnesota's budget deficit. It expects the state will face a $4.6 billion deficit in the next biennium, a $278 million drop from the last formal forecast in December 2008. Without funds from the federal stimulus package, the state would face a $6.4 billion...
- Gov. Pawlenty's Supplemental Budget Gets Rid of Minnesota's $160M Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31835, p3
Reports on the release of a supplemental budget that wipes out the state's deficit by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty. Need for a legislative approval of the proposed budget; Focus of the budget on reform and protecting the quality of life; Reduction of spending in the proposed budget.
- Governor Makes Unallotment Recommendations. // Minnesota Medicine;Jul2009, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p22
The article reports on the spending cuts recommendation by Governor Tim Pawlenty to fill the 2.7 billion dollars gap in the Minnesota's 2010-2011 budgets. It relates that the governor, through unallotment process, recommends spending cuts in higher education, health and human services, local...
- Minnesota's $1B Bond Package. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/15/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32795, p1
The article reports on Gov. Tim Pawlenty's introduction of a $1.09 billion biennial capital bonding plan which includes $225 million fund for bridge construction in Minnesota. It is noted that the plan relies mostly on general obligation borrowing. The new funding is expected to help fund the...
- Minnesota Judge: Budget Cuts by Pawlenty Were Unconstitutional. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33243, p24
The article reports on the ruling of District Court judge Kathleen Gearin in Ramsey County, Minnesota that the budget cuts ordered by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty in summer 2009 were unconstitutional. A temporary restraining order has been issued on the budget cuts and dictated that the state...