Spending Limits Push
- Ohio Supreme Court Rejects Pre-Vote Challenge to Marriage Amendment. A.S.L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Nov2004, p214
Reports on the Ohio Supreme Court's ruling on the case, The State ex re. Essig v. Blackwell. Court's rejection of an attempt to eliminate the â€œMarriage protection amendmentâ€ from Ohio's November 2 2004 ballot; Dissenting opinion from Justice Paul E. Pfeifer; Case background; Court's...
- Political partings. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/5/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p1
The article reports that Northeast Ohio business people, including some staunch Republicans, are not supporting J. Kenneth Blackwell, the Republican Party candidate for governor. Business people are expressing dissatisfaction with scandals involving prominent Ohio Republicans and one-party rule...
- Blackwell's move predictable, smart. // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/26/98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p10
Opinion. Views on Ken Blackwell, a former Cincinnati mayor and Ohio treasurer. Why Blackwell will not be running; Information on Balckwell's career.
- Kenneth Blackwell. Richardson, Gwen Daye // Headway;Jan96, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p7
Profiles Ohio state treasurer Kenneth Blackwell. Background; Job description; State policies; Political experience; Appointment as ambassador to the United Nations Commission of Human Rights; Blackwell's advocacy for safer public funds management.
- Kenneth Blackwell: Ohio's next governor? Richardson, Gwen Daye // Headway;Jul97, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p6
Editorial. Provides information on sociological and political background of Kenneth Blackwell. Endorsement received by Blackwell in his federal level race as a Republican candidate; Stand of Blackwell on abortion, gambling and homosexuality issues; Two things that Blackwell cited regarding...
- Strengthening democracy to promote human rights. // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;5/4/92, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p356
Presents an address by Ambassador J. Kenneth Blackwell, US Representative to the UN Human Rights Commission before the Black Law Student Association, Harvard University Law School, Cambridge, Mass., April 1992. Popular movements around the globe adopting universal principles to create new...
- Ohio. Barr, Aaron // Bond Buyer;09/10/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30227, p27
Reports on Ohio Treasurer J. Kenneth Blackwell's recommendation calling for the overhaul of the state's tax structure.
- Yes vote. // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p10
Reports on restoration of order to the process of introduction of electronic voting machines in Ohio by secretary of state Ken Blackwell. Act which mandates use of electronic voting machines in Ohio; Step taken by Blackwell to avoid chaos and potential corruption that could occur if the boards...
- Electoral Machinations in Ohio, 2004. Rubin, Robert // Human Rights;Spring2005, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p6
This article relates the author's efforts in solving the problem on the voting procedures in Ohio during the 2004 U.S. elections. The Ohio Secretary of State, Kenneth Blackwell, had taken the position that an unlimited number of partisan challengers would be allowed to enter and question the...