Will Forest Vote
- Rowlett's Laundry List. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p31
The article discusses the election held on May 13, 2005 by Rowlett, Texas voters regarding a $31.5 million general obligation bond proposal financing park projects, a library expansion, streetscaping, and the cleanup of silt and debris from Lake Ray Hubbard. Funding for parks and trail...
- Results Mixed In Midwest Bond Voting. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/7/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32106, p1
Reports on the result of the bond referendum in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. Predominance of a multimillion budget for open space preservation; Controversy over the use of bond; Citation on public expenses.
- Economy, Jobs Take Center Stage in Region's Upcoming Ballots. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p32
Reports on the hold of several bond elections in the Middle West. Detection of fewer local bond issuers who bring ballot measures in a non-presidential election; Consideration of a bond proposal that combines a popular local capital funds program with a jobs program in Ohio; Inclusion in the...
- Road Petition Deadline. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32174, p31
Reports on the petition in Harrison County, Mississippi calling for a referendum on the county board of supervisors' decision to sell revenue bonds to finance a highway construction. Total amount of revenue bonds; Supervisors' approval of the issue of the bonds on behalf of the Mississippi...
- Maine's Partisan Divide on Debt Could Derail Special Session. Haislip, Alexander H. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p45
Reports that Maine Treasurer Dale McCormack does not believe that the bond ballot battle in 2004 will impact the volume of state general obligation bonds sold in 2005. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on public finance and the bond market.
- Austin Augmentation. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p31
Reports on a citizens' bond advisory committee's recommendation that the Austin Independent School District increase the size of a planned bond referendum in Texas. Value of the bond; Factors contributing to the projected demand for schools; Taxpayers' call for upgraded technology and science...
- Prince William County, Va., May See $1.72B of GOs Over 13 Years. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p5
The article reports that officials in Prince William County, Virginia, are considering to bring a US$1.72 billion of general obligation bonds in a series of referendums, primarily to keep up with the strong demand for new roads in the rapidly growing locality. Of the US$1.72 billion, US$ 1.54...
- Political capital? Look no further than the GOP. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/5/2004, Issue 323213, p3
Reports on the passage of California's recovery bond as well as Proposition 58 at a reference held. Efforts of governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to promote the deficit bond; Bipartisan theme of the campaign; Goal of the propositions to refinance existing debt from the shortfall in last year's...
- Treasury to Auction $34B 91-, 182 Days. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32185, p2
Reports that the U.S. Treasury Department will raise new cash as its weekly auction of 91-day and 182-day discount bills to refund in maturing securities.