LeCroy Sixth to Plead Guilty in Philadelphia Case
- LeCroy to Plead Guilty To Wire Fraud. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p1
Reports on the guilty plea of J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.'s former managing director Charles LeCroy in the U.S. District Court to two counts of wire fraud in connection with Philadelphia play-to-play investigation. Arrangement of payment to bond lawyer Ronald White for work White did not...
- Love mails expose alleged US fund fraud. Tynan, Deirdre; Pisarova, Martina // Slovak Spectator;11/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p1
Reports on an investigation being conducted by the United States embassy in Slovakia on allegations that an employee defrauded a grant fund, as of November 25, 2001. Background of the suspect; How the crime was discovered; Information on the involvement of the Scientology Church in the case.
- Medicare billing probes widen. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;05/05/97, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p8
Reports that in light of instances of Medicare billing fraud in Ohio, attorneys in Illinois and Virginia are probing hospitals for Medicare billing fraud. Aspects on which the governmental investigation will focus; Number of Ohio hospitals which have settled fraud claims.
- U.S. Indicts Twelve in Philadelphia. Cataldo, Adam L.; Larkin, Gary; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/30/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31916, p1
Reports that a grand jury in Philadelphia indicted local bond counsel Ronald White, former city Treasurer Corey Kemp, executives from Commerce Bank/Pennsylvania, J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. and a director at Janney Montgomery Scott Inc. as part of a corruption probe into financial transactions...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p37
Reports development related to bonds in the U.S. as of May 2002. Upgrade of an outstanding debt by Moody's Investors Service in California; Closure of the investigation over an energy consultant from Attorney General Bill Lockyer; Approval of a bond measure by the board of the Meridian School...
- Orange County gives bond documents to SEC after subpoena on yield burning. Hume, Lynn Stevens; Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p1
Reports on the Orange County, California officials' release of municipal refunding bond documents to the US Securities and Exchange Commission in connection with a nationwide investigation on yield burning. Documents associated with a $239 million Mark-Roos refunding done in 1994; Subpoena...
- Scrushy may face subpoena. Galloro, Vince // Modern Healthcare;6/30/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the subpoena threat facing Richard Scrushy, founder of HealthSouth Corp. from the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee in an investigation over alleged accounting fraud at the company. Comments from Jonathan Rose, representative of Scrushy in the congressional probe; Documents...
- Health care abuse put in spotlight. Brady, James S. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/22/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p10
The article discusses several issues on health care fraud being investigated by the U.S. Department of Justice and Health and Human Services in line with the health care program of President Barack Obama.
- DOJ Defends Payday Lender Probe. Johnson, Andrew // Banking Strategies Daily;2/3/2014, p2
The article reports on letters issued by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in 2014 regarding its ongoing investigation of banks and other companies that provide payment-processing services to payday lenders and other merchants accused of fraud.