Amtrak in Dire Need of $1.7B, Its President Maintains
- Amtrak seeks higher capital budget. // Railway Age;Mar2004, Vol. 205 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the request of Amtrak president David L. Gunn for a budget increase for fiscal year 2005. Breakdown of the proposed budget for Amtrak; Comments on the proposed budget of U.S. President George W. Bush for the railroad company; Reason for the difficulty of adjusting to a reduction in...
- For Amtrak, $1.31 billion, and no Gunn. // Railway Age;Dec2005, Vol. 206 Issue 12, p19
The article reports on the final amount for the fiscal year 2006 for Amtrak. The legislation is widely perceived as containing several reform measures including an operating subsidy but more capital dollars and limits Amtrak's ability to engage in differential pricing. Amtrak President and CEO...
- Amtrak: Take this railroad and run it. // Trains;Jun2005, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p4
Comments on the reform proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush's administration for railroad company Amtrak. Impact of the proposed public expenditure on the national passenger railroad system of the country; Importance of the company on the nation's transportation system.
- Congress grapples with Amtrak. Johnston, Bob // Trains;Jun2005, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the definitive budget request of railroad company Amtrak to the U.S. Congress for fiscal 2006. Opposition of Republican legislators against an amendment by Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) that would have given the company $1.4 billion by closing corporate tax loopholes and raising the...
- Gunn's for Money. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;10/13/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 41, p31
Reports that Amtrak president David L. Gunn is calling for more government investment in railroad infrastructure. Failure of freight earnings to meet the cost of capital; Association of American Railroads' disagreement with Gunn's views; Opposition to more competition in the railroad industry.
- Amtrak has a plan -- where's the money? // Railway Age;Aug2004, Vol. 205 Issue 8, p17
Presents information on a strategic plan of railroad company Amtrak to repair its existing system in 2004. Average funding needed by Amtrak to support its existing operations; Funds proposed by the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush for federal support; Information on several...
- Investment, Not Subsidy. // America;10/1/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on various issues affecting Amtrak with emphasis on the implications of the plan of the United States government to cut funding for Amtrak. According to the author, the plan to cut a significant portion of the fund for Amtrak will definitely affect the quality of service...
- Critical Points On This Year's Fiscal Calendar. // AHA News;
A calendar of important events for the U.S. fiscal calendar in 2013 is presented which includes government spending cuts, expiration of government funding, and budget deadline.
- Essence and Content of the Budget Planning as a Basis of Budgetary Process. Ilyashenko, Vladimir V. // Izvestia Uralskogo Gosudarstvennogo Ekonomiceskogo Universiteta;2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p125
The article looks at the essence and content of budget planning as a basis of budgetary process and analyzes historical milestones of budget planning in the USSR and the Russian Federation.