N.Y.'s Pataki Floats 2006 Budget Plan
- Pataki Moves To Cut $1.6B In Borrowing. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p1
Reports on the decision of New York Governor George Pataki to veto the $1.6 billion in borrowing and $235 million in spending that the state legislature has added or altered from his proposed fiscal 2005 budget. Calculation of the expenditures incurred in a year; Statement of the governor...
- Nassau Health's New Rx. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;8/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32440, p1
The article reports on the expectation for the New York state spending actions and a preliminary action plan developed by Nassau Health Care Corp. (NHCC) officials to reduce operating deficits at the agency. According to NHCC acting president and chief executive Arthur Gianelli, the company's...
- NY Legislature will have to raise taxes. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/7/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p35A
Comments on the taxation in New York. Opposition of Governor George Pataki for taxes; Deficits in the state; Possibility of a tax increase in the state.
- Pataki's Budget: Killing Hope and Opportunity. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;2/13/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the budget of New York governor George E. Pataki to close a 12 billion budget deficit over the next 14 months as of February 13, 2003. Reduction in health care and education funding; Increase in tuition fees at state colleges and transport fares; Proposed measures to be taken by...
- Say Pataki budget cuts dangerously discriminate. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;5/4/96, Vol. 87 Issue 18, p3
Reports that in New York City, African-American and Hispanic lawmakers called an emergency summit for constituents there, pertaining to Governor George Pataki's budget cuts. Topics discussed; Briefing of Pataki's contingency budget plan; Deputy Assembly Speaker Arthur O. Eve's view of the...
- Pataki Set to Outline Budget Plan as $1.5B of Debt Waits in Wings. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/31/2002, Vol. 343 Issue 31543, p3
Reports on New York Governor, George E. Pataki's proposed strategy for confronting budget crises during the first quarter of 2003. Budget deficit faced by New York in its expenditure plan; Forecasts regarding the state's credit market; Components of Pataki's budget-balancing plans; Details of...
- Pataki's 'Sick Tax' Would Hurt N.Y. Hospitals, But Analysts Differ on How Much. Daulerio, A. J. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31819, p30
Reports on the budget proposal of Governor George Pataki in New York City. Plan of Pataki to tax hospitals and nursing homes to help close the state's deficit; Percentage of gross receipts tax proposed; Impact of the move on the services of the hospitals and nursing homes.
- N.Y. Sets $112.4B Budget. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32350, p1
The article reports on New York State legislative officials' claim that the $112.4 billion budget agreement is expected to generate $11.2 billion of state and city-backed debt for education projects. Governor George Pataki has expressed his displeasure that the spending plan has increased from...
- Fiscal prudence isn't quite enough. // Crain's New York Business;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p8
Opinion. Comments on New York Governor George Pataki's call for a state budget that saves a surplus of more than $1 billion for the next economic downturn and holds increased spending to the rate of inflation. Pataki's commitment to fiscal prudence; Tort reform; Health care financing.