OUT AND ABOUT
- LECTURE PROGRAMME. // British Kinematography;Feb1949, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p56
The article presents the schedule of the lecture programme sponsored by the British Kinematograph Society in England in March 1949. A paper on television picture projection will be presented by G. Dobson at the Lecture Theatre in Newcastle-on-Tyne on March 2. A paper titled "Light Production...
- LECTURE PROGRAMME. // British Kinematography;Aug1961, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p63
The article presents a calendar of meetings of the British Kinematograph Society in Great Britain for October to December 1961. A meeting entitled "Comedy Film Production," by Hugh Stewart will be held on October 11. A meeting entitled "Cine Photography in the Study of Drivers' Visual Problems,"...
- Provisional Papers Programme. // BKSTS Journal;Mar1983, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p94
The article presents a schedule of activities in the "Provisional Papers Programme" to be held at the Royal Lancaster Hotel, London on June 27 to July 1, 1983. Among the topics of discussion are "Film & Production Technology", "Television & Video Technology", "Sound Technology", and "Laboratory...
- Reese Left in Pieces, Downey Skin Softener. Fitz-Gerald, Sean; Hofler, Robert; Fairley, Juliette; Vivarelli, Nick // Variety;Apr2013, Vol. 319 Issue 6, p63
The article offers news briefs in 2013 including the Hilarity for Charity event in California on April 25, the screening of the film "The King of Comedy" at the Tibeca Film Fest on April 27, and the spotlight of film director Ridley Scott in Rome for the shooting of the film "The Vatican."
- BY THE NUMBERS. Courtmanche, John // Variety;3/10/2003 Supplement, Vol. 390 Issue 4, p37
Provides information on the preparation of the Oscar Awards. Estimated cost of preparation; Details on the arrivals and the ceremony; Attendees of Oscar's after-party; Information on the estimated value of the Awards.
- Lights, Camera, WAAAAH! Viveiros, Beth Negus // Direct;4/1/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on the lack of marketing promotions for Reel Moms, an event geared to new mothers and their babies, wherein a new movie is shown at the Loews Boston Common Theater in Boston, Massachusetts. Conduciveness of the environment inside the theater; Marketing opportunities for Reel Moms;...
- Museum unspools 'Wire' Capo-Garcia, Paola // Daily Variety;6/30/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 60, p2
The article provides information on the film and television events for July 2008 in New York City. The Museum of the Moving Image has slated a pair of film and television events at the Times Center which includes the "Man on Wire," a documentary film by James Marsh, which will screen on July 24....
- DATEBOOK. // Daily Variety;7/16/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 9, p29
Presents a schedule of special events such as screening of motion pictures and theatrical productions in the U.S. from July 16 to 22, 2004.
- Bits & Pieces. Fitzpatrick, Sarah // Image Technology;Apr1997, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p5
The article offers news briefs related to cinematography. The RSA Data Security, a North American company, has issued a challenge to anyone to try to break its 48-bit coding system. The event titled Cable & Satellite 97 will be conducted in London, England from April 21-23, 1997. British...