FIRST TIME OUT
- NEW YORK SCREEN. Marx, Rebecca // New York;1/3/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p71
Profiles Nicole Kassell, director of the movie "The Woodsman". Favorite film; Views on the movie's subject matter; Educational background.
- NICOLE KASSELL. Christen, Lawrence // Daily Variety;11/16/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 33, pA3
Profiles writer-director Nicole Kassell. Success of the motion picture "The Woodsman," written and directed by Kassell; Family background; Interest of Kassell in photography; Academic background; Projects of Kassell.
- Cutting It Very Fine. Schickel, Richard // Time International (South Pacific Edition);5/9/2005, Issue 18, p67
The article reviews the motion picture "The Woodsman," directed by Nicole Kassell and starring Kevin Bacon.
- Nicole Kassell. Ross, Matthew // Daily Variety;1/14/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 12, pB2
Profiles U.S. motion picture director, Nicole Kassell. Films made; Participation in film festivals; Career background; Film that changed her life. INSET: VITAL STATS.
- Helmers dial into global connections. Swart, Sharon // Daily Variety;1/14/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 12, pB1
Introduces several motion picture directors. Alexandre Aja; Wolfgang Becker; Sarah Gavron; Greg Harrison; Nicole Kassell; Joshua Marston; Pen-ek Ratanaruang; Billy Ray; Jeff Renfroe; Marteinn Thorsson; Andrey Zvyaginstev.
- Wouldn't you like to knowâ€¦. // Gay Times (09506101);Jan2008, Issue 352, p43
The article focuses on the film exhibition to be presented by the Independent Cinema Office (ICO) in Great Britain starting January 25, 2007. The programme will feature the works of artists including RenÃ© Clair, Maya Deren and Peter Whitehead. The films to be screened include "Kustom Kar...
- Shooting HD for theatricals. // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
Reports the use of high definition (HD) packages for theatrical film-making by producer Glenn S. Gainor. Comparison between the cost of HD and film packages; Advantage of the HD package; Role of onsite HD video technician during film-making.
- Name helmers go digital. Willis, Holly; Harris, Dana // Daily Variety;04/12/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 29, pA3
Reports that major United States motion picture directors have started making digital short and feature films. David Lynch's partnership with Shockwave.com to make short animations; Gus Van Sant's shooting of a digital video (DV) film; Mike Figgis' DV feature `Time Code'; Spike Lee's DV...
- EMERGENCY BROADCAST. Howarth, Brad // Inside Film;Mar2010, Issue 129, p13
The article reports on the consequence of stopping the free-to-air broadcasts to the local filmmakers in Australia. It notes that the changes have driven the commercial networks to cut back on feature film content which resulted in reduced revenue. It notes that Blink Film's managing director...