Critical Year 2000 Decisions
- Millennium madness. Jovin, Ellen // Financial Planning;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p171
Discusses the potential impact of the Year 2000 problem on investors and financial planners. Effect of the millennium bug on hardware and software functions; Compliance issues for companies; Software selection for planners' using operating systems. INSET: Already compliant..
- The millennium time bomb. Longo, Tracey // Financial Planning;Sep98, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p180
Focuses on the need for financial planners in the United States to comply to the year 2000 (Y2K) computer requirement. Action taken by the Securities and Exchange Commission to ensure advisers' compliance with Y2K; Program recommended for advisers to achieve a Y2K compliant computer version.
- Y2K Disclosure: When, Where And Why. Kelvin, Jeffrey B. // Financial Planning;Aug99, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p126
Reports on the issues that are needed to be treated and discussed regarding the communication of Y2K preparedness. Form for Y2K disclosures; Types of communications that should be retained in the Y2K-compliance file of the financial planner; Tricky Y2K-related issues.
- BMA Muni Group Forms Y2K Panel. Hume, Lynn // Securities Industry News;05/03/99, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p8
Reports that the Bond Market Association's municipal bond division is forming a committee to address the year 2000 computing problem.
- Issuers' payments covered, but not trustees', insurers say. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;02/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30585, p28
Reports on the absence of adequate protections for investors who may encounter year 2000 (Y2K) glitches with a bond issue's paying agent or trustee. Bond insurance companies that are working to ensure that trustees and issuers are Y2K-compliant; Potential embarrassment of trustees being unable...
- Chicago says it will keep investors up to date on year 2000 compliance. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30444, p7
Reports on Chicago officials' efforts to provide investors with information on how the city is addressing the year 2000 problem via the preliminary and official statements for all of the city's upcoming bond sales. Overhaul of citywide systems that handle work and purchasing orders, inventory...
- Bond insurers tracking issuers, exposure as 2000 nears. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;01/13/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30557, p30
Reports that bond insurers in the United States are tracking issuers in preparation for any potential disruption that may stem out from the year 2000 date conversion problems of computer systems (Y2K). Efforts of municipal bond issuers in ensuring that their computer systems will not interfere...
- Private Market May Have To Wait `Til Next Year. Primack, Dan // Private Placement Letter;11/29/99, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the impact of the year 2000 computer date conversion problem (Y2K) to the capital market activities. Expectations of companies in the financial industry; Preparations companies made for the Y2K; Companies that suffered severe spread widening; Implications on investment banks.
- Merchants And Manufacturers Building Inventories As Defense Against Y2K Disaster, But Senior Federa. // Insurance Advocate;10/30/99, Vol. 110 Issue 43, p11
Focuses on the impact of year 2000 computer date conversion problem (Y2K) on merchants and manufacturers in the United States (US). Anticipated impact of the Y2K problem; Actions taken by the US Senate Special Committee on the Year 2000 Technology Problem; Conflicting views on the possible...