Rebalancing the Portfolio Pie
- Conversions help set January record. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;3/17/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p31
Reports on high cash flow for stock and bond mutual funds for the month of January 1997. Breaking of record as a result of high cash flow; Introduction of 65 mutual funds In January 1997 compared to 45 in 1996; Information on funds launched in 1996; Growth and value characteristics of the...
- Road Kill. Revell, Janice; Burke, Doris; Schlosser, Julie // Fortune;9/30/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 6, p103
Focuses on the mutual fund industry. Investors' concern about the industry due to revelations of corporate accounting problems; Information on how the industry has managed to remain profitable despite the problems; Rise in the assets in bond funds and money market funds; Fact that the dollars...
- Stock Funds Had Turnabout in April . // American Banker;6/1/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 105, p9
Reports on the inflow and outflow of United States mutual fund assets in April 2001, according to the Investment Company Institute. Stock funds; Money market funds.
- Funds that Invest Abroad Lead Industry Down in July . GARMHAUSEN, STEPHEN // American Banker;9/1/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 168, p8
Reports on the drop in net sales of international and global mutual funds in July 1999. Decline in assets under management in short- and long-term funds; Performance of stock mutual funds and money market funds; Overall net flows of all long-term mutual funds.
- Mixed Cocktail. French, Kristen // Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p165
Reports on the performance of mutual funds in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2004. Comparison between the demand for long-duration and short-duration fixed incomes; Factors that affect investors' apprehension on investments; Amount of cash flows gained from stock funds in July and August 2004.
- Money Fund Yields up with the Mercury. Glover, Hannah // Money Management Executive;7/24/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p1
The article discusses money market fund yields. Cold hard cash is once again gaining popularity in the market as inflows continue to grow since 2000. The iMoneyNet's Money Fund Report in New York, reported that the average seven-day simple yield hit 4.65%. This yield is still going higher and it...
- Net New Cash Flow to Mutual Funds. // Money Management Executive;6/2/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p1
A bar graph is presented depicting cash flow to mutual funds from 2000-2013 which include money market funds and equity, bond and hybrid funds.
- Bond, money market funds surge as investors seek to equity balance. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;04/19/99, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p38
Reports on the favorable performance of bond mutual funds in the United States in 1998. Growth in net sales from 1997; Traditional stock funds' seeing of greater relative sales growth in their bond funds that in their stock funds; Favorable performance of money market funds; People's use of...
- Brian Tora: A cautious approach to developed markets. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);2/13/2014, p55
The author comments on strong returns from U.S. and Great Britain equities in 2013. In January 2014, the S&P 500 Index hit a new high, since when it has pulled back by around 5 per cent. PSigma American fund manager James Abate highlighted the risks associated with the seemingly unstoppable rise...