- NEW ENGLAND: By the Numbers. // Yankee;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p32
Statistics are presented on the percentage of each dollar that is returned to New Hampshire in the form of aid to education, number of towns of the state which voted against sale of lottery tickets, and revenue earned by the state lottery in 2006.
- Lottery ticket supports vet fund. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);6/9/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 23, p3A
The article reports that the Veterans ticket, a one scratch-off lottery ticket which provides revenue for the Permanent Fund for Veterans Assistance, needs support due to the decline on its ticket sales revenue.
- Pa. lottery hunts for growth. Loro, Laura // Advertising Age;9/12/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 38, p10
Reports Pennsylvania Lottery's new marketing strategies to provide a fillip to growth of sales. Rise in ticket sales, according to report by the Legislature's Joint Budget & Finance; Forecast of declining growth in sales for the period 1995-2000; Benefits to the elderly from the lottery...
- NUMBERS ARE OFF ON THE LOTTERY. // Business North Carolina;Feb2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p22
The article presents statistics on North Carolina lotteries, including increased lottery ticket sales in the fiscal year ended June 2010, officials' predictions of a sales decrease in fiscal year 2011, and ticket sale per adult in 2010.
- Saving for More Than Retirement. Bigda, Carolyn // Money;Dec2006, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p92
The article relates the financial situation of a married couple with two children. They have been disciplined in saving for retirement, but now want to expand that saving to the rest of their budget to provide for emergency funds and college tuition for the kids. The author breaks down their...
- Financial Know-How Is a Girl's Best Friend. Santovec, Mary Lou // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Mar2014, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p6
The article focuses on the need for women to know their financial well-being and discusses tips from Manisha Thakor, founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of MoneyZen Wealth Management LLS, to help women in managing their personal finance. Topics discussed by Thakor include some statistics...
- STAT BANK. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p28
This section presents statistics related to financial planning as of November 2002. 5,000 is how low Bill Gross, manager of the largest bond fund in the world, believes the Dow must fall for stocks to be fairly priced, $1 billion is the revenue generated by the Rolling Stones since 1989 from...
- THE BREAKDOWN. // Governing;Jul2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p12
Statistics related to economics in the U.S. which include the number of jobs in the craft beer industry of Colorado, percentage of lottery tickets bought by Utahns, and fiscal revenues derived from speed cameras of Maryland.
- Lottery Spending: A Non-Parametric Analysis. Garibaldi, Skip; Frisoli, Kayla; Ke, Li; Lim, Melody // PLoS ONE;Feb2015, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p1
We analyze the spending of individuals in the United States on lottery tickets in an average month, as reported in surveys. We view these surveys as sampling from an unknown distribution, and we use non-parametric methods to compare properties of this distribution for various demographic groups,...