Publisher Scorecards Year-End 2004: Paperback Fiction
- Fourth Quarter Decent Across Board as Penguin Adds Digital Spin on Classics. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of U.S. book publishers for the fourth quarter of 2007. Simon & Schuster Inc. experienced a 26% decline in its operating profit and a 4% decrease in revenue during the quarter. Penguin Group also suffered from a slight decline in its sales...
- Good Gains for Big Houses. // Publishers Weekly;9/13/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 37, p5
Presents a tabular representation comparing the financial performance of publishing companies in 2003 and 2004. Random House Inc.; Penguin Group; HarperCollins Publishers Inc.
- Random House Continues to Lead the Pack. // Book Publishing Report;8/18/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the consideration of Random House as the top consumer book publisher. Success of Dan Brown's mystery 'The Da Vinci Code'; Sales of Penquin Group; Publishing programs in major English-speaking markets.
- Random House and Penguin Group Join Forces to Combat Amazon. COLLINS, ALLISON; FLYNN, MARY KATHLEEN // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the merger between book publishing companies Random House Inc. and Penguin Group to compete with Internet book retailer Amazon.com.
- Publisher Scorecards Year-End 2004: Hardcover Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;1/10/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p4
The article presents information on mystery and suspense titles which were again the clear winners in the hardcover fiction category in 2004. Random House Inc. lead the year-end 2004 analysis of the New York Times hardcover fiction category with a novel published the year before. The "Da Vinci...
- Random House Edges Penguin Group For Nonfiction Lead. // Book Publishing Report;3/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the competition between various book publishers in the United States. Random House and Penguin Group are neck-and-neck in the "New York Times" nonfiction hardcover category. New York-based Simon & Schuster Inc. is the dark horse placing seven titles on the list for 25...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p4
Presents the New York Times bestseller scorecard for publishers. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon & Schuster; Time Warner.
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p2
Lists top performing book publishers. Random House Inc.; Simon & Schuster Inc.; Penguin Group; HarperCollins Publishers.
- Random House Dominates Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p7
Reports developments on the publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 26, 2004. Number of bestsellers of Random House company through April 25, 2004; Sales of the book "Can You Keep a Secret" by Sophie Kinsella and published by Dial Corp.; Launch of the book "Nighttime Is My Time" written by...