Publisher Scorecards Year-End 2004: Hardcover Fiction
- Publisher Scorecards Year-End 2004: Paperback Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;1/10/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p6
The article presents information on the performance of various publishers in 2004. Random House Inc. beat out Penguin Group to grab the top slot in the 2004 paperback fiction category, with 36 titles on the list for a total of 172 weeks. Penguin Group posted 33 titles on the list for 168 weeks....
- READING BETWEEN THE LINES AS TWO BOOK GIANTS BECOME ONE. LEWIS, ANDY // Hollywood Reporter;11/9/2012, Issue 39, p22
The article reports on the merger between book firms Random House Inc. and the Penguin Group on October 29, 2012.
- Upping the Body Count. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;12/4/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 48, p22
The article reports on the plan of publishing houses Ballantine and Random House to create Mortalis, a line that will include originals along with reprints of classic mysteries, international thrillers and the occasional tale of true crime. According to Jane von Mehren, trade paperback publisher...
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p2
Lists top performing book publishers. Random House Inc.; Simon & Schuster Inc.; Penguin Group; HarperCollins Publishers.
- Random House Edges Penguin Group For Nonfiction Lead. // Book Publishing Report;3/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the competition between various book publishers in the United States. Random House and Penguin Group are neck-and-neck in the "New York Times" nonfiction hardcover category. New York-based Simon & Schuster Inc. is the dark horse placing seven titles on the list for 25...
- Random House Dominates Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p7
Reports developments on the publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 26, 2004. Number of bestsellers of Random House company through April 25, 2004; Sales of the book "Can You Keep a Secret" by Sophie Kinsella and published by Dial Corp.; Launch of the book "Nighttime Is My Time" written by...
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;2/21/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p5
Reports business developments in the book industry. Improvement on the quality of paper used by publisher Penguin Group; Acquisition of the serial, audio, world-English translation rights to veteran comedian Bob Newhart's memoir by Hyperion; Lawsuit filed by Random House against rapper P. Diddy.
- New Titles Make Mark as RH Holds Lead on Penguin Group. // Book Publishing Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on the ranking and performance of several book publishers in the "New York Times" bestsellers. Random House Inc. now holds the lead in the hardcover nonfiction category after adding three titles in the list. Second placer Penguin Group has published 10 titles in 31 weeks....
- Frankfurt Briefcase 2009. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;9/28/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 39, p22
This article looks at the books that will be exhibited by publishers at the Frankfurt Briefcase 2009 in Germany. HarperCollins will release books from the Prince of Wales and Joe Hill. Penguin will launch the book "The Postmistress," by Sarah Blake, at the show. Meanwhile, Random House will...