Redstone Wants to Grow
- AdWatch. Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;3/21/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p8
Presents an update on advertising agencies in the U.S. as of March 2005. Impact of the accounting restatement problem faced by Interpublic Group on its credit rating; Implication of the news on the breakup of Viacom proposed by Sumner Redstone for the share price of the company.
- Is Sumner Redstone losing his grip? Flint, Joe // Entertainment Weekly;08/15/97, Issue 392, p38
Considers whether Sumner Redstone, chairman and chief executive officer of Viacom Inc., can revive the businesses under Viacom. The problems of Viacom; The decline in Viacom's stock price; The battle with Frank Biondi, a former partner of Redstone; The hope for Viacom.
- Summarily Sumner. Burgi, Michael; Sharkey, Betsy // MediaWeek;1/22/96, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on Viacom chairman Sumner Redstone's ouster of chief executive officer Frank Biondi and its implications for the company. Aim to make the Paramount Communications and Blockbuster Entertainment divisions grow; Biondi's leadership; Lackluster performance of Paramount Communications;...
- Doing it his way. Roberts, Johnnie L. // Newsweek;1/29/96, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p42
Relates that Viacom Chairman Sumner Redstone fired his chief executive officer, Frank Biondi. The move shocking investors; Comments from Redstone about the move; The next matter which needs Redstone's attention; Problems for big entertainment/media conglomerates like Viacom; Concerns about the...
- VIACOM WINS MIDWAY BATTLE. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;12/30/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 59, p4
Announces the lifting of restrictions previously placed by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission on Sumner Redstone, chairman and CEO of Viacom Inc.
- Redstone eager to sell cable assets. K.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/24/94, Vol. 124 Issue 43, p43
Reports on Viacom-Paramount Chairman Sumner Redstone's efforts to sell his cable TV operations. Industry rate regulations and competition as reasons given; Prediction that telephone companies will enter the cable business with ease.
- Tycoon's investment plan is battle-tested. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;9/16/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p6
Focuses on the investment plans of Viacom Inc. chief executive officer Sumner Redstone. Information on the stocks bought by Redstone; Details on the subsidiaries of Viacom; Discussion on the investment abilities of the executive.
- Fort Sumner. Newman, Judith // Vanity Fair;Nov99, Issue 471, p248
Profiles Sumner Redstone, chairman and chief executive officer of Viacom. Roots of Sumner's fortune in the movie theater business; Viacom's purchase of CBS; Author's relation to Redstone; Biographical information; Estimated personal wealth; Support for United States President Bill Clinton;...
- Viacom proxy enriches prexy. Peers, Martin // Variety;04/21/97, Vol. 366 Issue 12, p28
Reports on Viacom Inc.'s lucrative benefits for chairman Sumner Redstone based on its proxy filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on April 14, 1997. Stock options of Redstone; Viacom's share price.