Love's Gone in Sacramento
- Sacramento Fee Dispute Goes To Arbitration. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p20
Reports that a third party arbitrator will decide a dispute between the Sacramento, California Metropolitan Cable Commission and Comcast Corp. over the issue of which franchise fees should be paid on advertising revenue. Date set for the two parties to agree on outside arbitrators; Disagreement...
- Who Comcast's Seeing in Court. Moss, Linda; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/2/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p18
The dispute between the cable broadcasting company Starz Encore Group LLC and Comcast Corp. is a judicial tangle involving several lawsuits. But the bottom line is the allegation that programming companies that are part of Liberty Media Corp. The chain of lawsuits stems back to July 2001, when...
- Do Franchisors Owe a Duty of Competence? Joseph, Robert T. // Business Lawyer;Feb91, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p471
Focuses on the risks of franchisor incompetence from its franchisees. Availability of legal theories for franchisor performance; Causes of the economic loss of the franchisee; Potential applicability of he implied covenant of good faith; Inclusion of the case of contract breachers.
- Comcast Sues NFL Over Campaign. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;12/17/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 50, p29
The article discusses a breach of contract suit filed by cable television provider Comcast against the National Football League (NFL). Comcast alleges that the NFL has been urging its customers to cancel their Comcast service. The dispute is based on Comcast putting the NFL Network on its sports...
- Developing and Implementing Franchise Audits. James Marasco, Andrew Zappia // Franchising World;Jan2003, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p64
Presents advice on how to develop and implement franchise audits in the U.S. Responsibilities of the franchise system and the franchisees; Steps in an audit program; Ways in selecting candidates for an audit; Information the how to conduct the audit; Discussion on the issues to be encountered...
- Let the buyer beware in franchise opportunities. Lundin, Martha // Inside Tucson Business;8/29/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p3
Provides information for franchise owners to deal with situations beyond their control. Provision of a breach of contract obligations between franchisor and franchisee; Need of franchisee of a counsel if the franchisor has done something that might damage the franchise name; Conditions under the...
- Shakey's Settles Suit With Franchisees, Pizza Parlor Chain Seeks New President. Bellantonio, Jennifer // Orange County Business Journal;8/19/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p6
Reports that California-based Shakey's Inc. has settled two lawsuits with its franchisees concerning breach of contract and fraud. Background of the case; Cost of fighting the suits; Terms of the settlements.
- Comcast Cable in court. // MediaWeek;6/13/94, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p4
Reports on the lawsuits filed against Comcast Cable by attorneys general from eight states for negative option tactics. Filing of a counter suit.
- Franchise Suppliers Serve as Ready, Reliable Resources. Earle, Jack // Franchising World;Oct2011, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including the 15th Annual Supplier Source Book, another one about franchising and real estate, and one about royalty audits.