Video to Go at CES
- VOD Startup Eyes Cable Deals. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the deals considered by Akimbo with cable companies. Reason for the decision of Akimbo to seek deals with cable companies despite the fact it does not need cable affiliates; Companies that formed Akimbo; Content partners of Akimbo; Efforts made by the company to protect content...
- Akimbo Adds Turner Shows. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p39
Reports on the cable content deal of Akimbo Systems, which plans to launch an Internet video-on-demand programming service for broadband subscribers in October 2004, with Turner Broadcasting System Inc. Deal of Akimbo with Granada TV and Quicksilver; Programs included in the Granada content;...
- Akimbo issues Globetrotter upgrade. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Dec96, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p25
Reports on the launching of Akimbo System's Globetrotter 1.1., an upgrade of the company's Web tutoring tool for the Macintosh. Outlining and table-building tools; Authoring of multiple Web pages as a single document; other features of the product.
- FullWrite: Full steam ahead. // Macworld;Feb1994, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p151
Reports on Akimbo Systems' introduction of version 1.7 of its FullWrite word processor. Preparation of version 2.0 for January 1995 shipment.
- Akimbo trots out Web authoring tool. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;8/12/96, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p22
Reports on Akimbo's introduction of a World Wide Web authoring tool called GlobeTrotter. Features; Capabilities; Functions.
- Akimbo plans Mac version of FullWrite. // InfoWorld;8/16/93, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p17
Reveals that Akimbo Systems plans to release a version of FullWrite Professional software in 1994. Acquisition of rights from Borland International Inc.; Price; Contact information.
- Pace of M-commerce Marches Ahead. // Home Textiles Today;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p21
The article reports on the use of mobile phones in consumer's shopping in Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
- This one's for the ladies. Ankeny, Jason // Wireless Review;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p9
Comments on the design of the Samsung SGH-T700 Ladies Phone cellular telephone. Shape of the phone; Features; Ideas for a telephone design for men.
- Consumer confidence matters. // Wireless Asia;May2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p36
Reports the decreased sales of mobile handset market in the year 2001. Relation between the consumer confidence index and replacement handset sales; Requirement of growth on the replacement sales; Importance of the features and functionality offered by the handsets.