Charter Deploys Long-Form VOD Advertising
- Charter VOD Ad Trial's Dynamic. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p12
The article reports on the decision of Charter Communications to insert video advertising spots with free video-on-demand content in its home Saint Louis market in Missouri. The 250,000-subscriber Saint Louis system started serving up ads from Vehix TV, a collection of video car-buying guides,...
- Charter Switches On VOD Service. // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p56
Reports the launching of the video-on-demand service of Charter Communications Inc. in Pasadena, California.
- Charter's VOD Train Keeps Rolling. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p166
Reports the video-on-demand (VOD) launching by Charter Communications Inc. with Diva Systems Corp. Efforts of the company to reach targeted number of households; Move of the company in using the Motorola Broadband Communications Sector network; Revenue for VOD.
- TECH BRIEFS. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;5/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p9
Reports developments related to electronic media as of May 13, 2002 in the U.S. Nature of the companion set-top box of Charter Communications; Figures of the video-on-demand subscription of Starz Encore.
- Ready, Set, Launch. Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);10/28/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p28
Reports on the deployment of the video-on-demand service by Charter Communications in the U.S. as of October 2002. VOD launches planned by the company by the end of 2002; Significance of the VOD unit to the company's operation; Marketing strategies adopted for VOD deployment.
- Reality Check: Advanced Ads: The Roots Deepen. Buchanan, Richard; Shaver, Jon // Communications Technology;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p7
The article focuses on deepening of the roots of advanced advertising throughout the country. It discusses the local advertisers who use dynamic advertisements inserted into video on demand and linear channels. It reports that Sunflower Broadband has worked with local and national advertisers on...
- Charter offering Video on Demand; demo Friday. // Fort Worth Business Press;10/26/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p6
Reports on Charter Communications Inc.'s offering of video-on-demand service to digital consumers in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Charter picks nCUBE-Kasenna VOD combo. // CED;Aug2004, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p16
Reports that Charter Communications Inc. has powered a new video-on-demand deployment in Malibu, California by integrating nCUBE Corp.'s back office and application platform and software and servers from Kasenna Inc. Establishment of the company's third source for video servers; Design of the...
- GIG-E BOLSTERS CABLE'S VIDEO-ON-DEMAND ARSENAL. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;9/2/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p12
Reports that Charter Communications has decided to employ a gigabit Ethernet network architecture that improves the flexibility and cuts the cost of video-on-demand deployments in the U.S. Neutralization of telecommunication carriers' narrowcast interactive advantages; Improved flexibility of...