Beta: ESPN Poised for Spending Gains
- Cable Wins Out Over Broadcast. Kaplan, David // Adweek Southeast Edition;1/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
Reports that a study from Beta Research Corp. to track advertising and marketing executives' perception of the broadcast network and cable television has suggested that broadcast networks are losing viewers and image to cable television. Best rated broadcast network of New York; Reason for the...
- Beta's Most Wanted: Outdoor, Fox Business. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p13
The article highlights the results of a study of cable networks in the United States, released by Beta Research on January 22, 2008. The study reveals that the Outdoor Channel and Fox Business Network are the top emerging networks that operators want to carry. DIY Network and Lifetime Movie...
- Beta Finds Happy Satellite Campers. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p22
Presents the results of the Subscriber Study Evaluation of Digital Basic Networks survey by Beta Research Corp. Percentage of viewers of Lifetime Movie Network; Number of viewers of ESPN Classic; Percentage of respondents who have viewed Biography Channel.
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.
- Let's get digital. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR28
Discusses the status of the cable television industry with the launching of high-technology services as of June 2001. Views on the customer services of cable operators; Popularity of digital cable; Information on video-on-demand; Importance of digital and high-speed data. INSET: Smooth operators.