Abundant Menu for TCA's First Course
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;1/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p18
Presents news briefs on television programming as of January 2004. Launch of ESPN Deportes, a Spanish version of ESPN SportsCenter; Topics of the television serials slated by the History Channel; Partnership of Fine Living and "The Wall Street Journal" for a television series.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- ESPN's sporting a night of originals. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/5/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the plan of cable television network ESPN to create a whole night of scripted series in the U.S. Details of the program involving film director Spike Lee; Plan of executive vice president Mark Shapiro on the programming of ESPN; Strategy of ESPN in commissioning original scripted films.
- Cable Tiering Protest Aims to Pre-Empt McCain Study. Sherman, Jay; Halonen, Doug // Television Week;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on complaints by cable television operators about escalating fees for sports programming in the U.S. Proposed increase in programming fees by ESPN; History of the issue; Opposition of of Fox and ESPN to their channels being tiered.
- Sports Newsmags Find Niche on Cable. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p53
Reports on how cable-sports networks in the United States have started to complement their sports coverage with documentaries, news magazines and reality-based shows that have quickly become staples. Creation of investigative sports-news shows; Cases of ESPN and Fox Sports Net.
- ESPN Breaks Ice With Baseball. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p4
Reports on a cable television rights agreement signed by Major League Baseball with sports cable operator ESPN. Implications of the agreement for Comcast's Outdoor Life Network; Terms of the agreement; Average household rating of ESPN with its baseball telecasts in 2005.
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p24
Presents updates related to cable television programs in the U.S. as of October 2004. Decision of TBS to sign a pair of production deals with Nash Entertainment and Coquette Productions; Ratings of Sci Fi Channel mini-series entitled "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars"; Airing of the second season...
- Spike heads down mines. LEVINE, STUART // Daily Variety;1/7/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 5, p15
The article reports that cable television network, Spike, has ordered 10 episodes of the new reality series "Coal," from Thom Beers in 2011 in the U.S.
- ON THE HORIZON. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;6/6/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 43, pA2
Announces the launch of Home Box Office cable television network's series 'Carnivale' on September 14, 2003. Names of characters.