Oxygen Plans Hybrid Comedy Series
- NBC graces Marchinko with pact. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;10/12/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 29, p1
Reports the deal entered by writer/producer Jhoni Marchinko with NBC Studios to produce television comedies in Los Angeles, California. Role of Marchinko in the show 'Will & Grace'; Receipt of an Emmy Award for the show; Praises of executive producer David Kohan for the writer/producer; Career...
- It's all Greek to Eye web. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;10/2/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the deal of CBS with writers Marsh McCall and Nia Vardalos for a half-hour television comedy. Show producer; Basis for the storyline; Decision to borrow elements from Vardalos' 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding.'
- Alphabet locks up Alexander. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;03/12/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 9, p12
Reports the deal of ABC to the Jason Alexander comedy 'Bob Patterson' in Los Angeles, California. Plot of the television series; Talents involved in the program; Expectations on the Alexander show.
- Grolsch seals Â£3m C4 comedy sponsorship. Clark, Nicola // Marketing (00253650);12/5/2007, p5
The article reports that Dutch beer brand Grolsch NV has signed a Â£3million deal with television network Channel 4 to sponsor all its original British comedy programming next year. The 12-month contract, which kicks off on New Year's Day, comprises 17 series on the main channel and 12 on E4...
- DOOMED LAUGHS. Poniewozik, James // Time;12/15/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 24, p89
Reviews the DVD set "The Ben Stiller Show," featuring comedy sketches with Ben Stiller, Janeane Garofalo, Bob Odenkirk, and Andy Dick.
- Notes From the Sitcom's Deathbed. Mehlman, Peter // Entertainment Weekly;12/10/2004, Issue 796, p48
Narrates the experiences of a former writer of the television comedy program "Seinfeld" on sitcom pilot season.
- Comeback Kids. Nordyke, Kimberly // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/25/2008, Vol. 403 Issue 10, pN6
The article focuses on the impact of resurgence in syndication on the number of television programs offered by members of the 2008 National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE)'s Conference and Exhibition in Las Vegas, Nevada. NAPTE acts as a platform for the launch of several...
- 'Sunny' trio blasts off for 20th TV pilot. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/14/2008, Vol. 403 Issue 48, p2
The article reports that Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton have inked a two-year overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV. They have landed a pilot order from Fox for "Boldly Going Nowhere," a single-camera comedy. Under the pact with 20th TV, McElhenney, Day and Howerton will develop...
- Soloway signs pair of projects. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/5/2007, Vol. 399 Issue 44, p1
The article reports that writer-producer Jill Soloway has signed deals with producer J. J. Abrams to develop a show and with Shonda Rhimes to work on his drama "Grey's Anatomy." Soloway and Abrams are discussing ideas for a one-hour comedy project, for which the script will be written by...