IFC Campaign Gets Fanatical
- TF1 banks on Yank series. // Daily Variety;1/3/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 2, p43
The article reports on the challenge for TF1 television network to produce another big drama series after the success of "The Mentalist," "CSI," and "Grey's Anatomy" to maintain its position in primetime television broadcasting.
- Educating Max Headrooms: The Emergence of the Multimedia Journalist as the Future Journalist. Cummings, Dean // Journal of Applied Journalism & Media Studies;Oct2013, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p301
It was once thought a multimedia journalist or MMJ was fantasy, as seen in the television series Max Headroom. The hero of the show was a journalist who videotaped his own stories, reported live from anywhere but was also seen as a stalwart of the fourth estate, a 'hero' of society. Today, it is...
- IFC Shifts to Add Scripted Series to Summer Slate. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;5/16/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p10
Reports on the inclusion of scripted television series in the summer slate of television network IFC in 2005. Information on comedies included in the programming; Comments of Evan Shapiro, executive vice president and general manager, on the purpose for using the scripted series; Social value...
- Mersey TV to launch MMS spin-off of Hollyoaks soap. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;8/5/2004, p4
This article reports on the plan of Mersey Television to launch an multimedia spin-off of "Hollyoaks" as a precursor to a full mobile video version, as of August 2004. The company, through its Conker Media interactive content company, is planning to use mobile to develop products spun-off from...
- NBC'S BOWLED OVER. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;2/4/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 24, p4
The article reports on the ratings of television programs aired over National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC) Network a day after the SuperBowl held on February 1, 2009. The TV series "Chuck" and "Heroes" have ranked third and fourth in several categories despite the higher ratings on their first...
- Original cable series try to make the grade. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p6
Compares the ratings of several original cable series in the U.S. Role of serials in the growth of cable networks; Focus on the serials 'The Osbournes' on MTV and 'The Shield' on FX; Statistics depicting ratings of the serials.
- ABC wins February. Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Provides updates in the television broadcasting industry as of March 2000. Growth in network show ratings of ABC Entertainment; Criticism of other networks on the length of airing time of the television program `Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' by ABC; Premiere of the midseason series `Falcone'...
- Now for some original ideas. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p35
Focuses on the plans of cable networks to concentrate on scripted drama series in the United States. Impact of drama series on television ratings; Comparison between the costs of drama series and non-scripted shows; Details on the all original series to be launched by cable networks.
- Clearing out the deadwood. Freeman, Mike // MediaWeek;6/13/94, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the performance of several television series in the 1994 fourth quarter in the United States. Cancellation of the talk show `The Bertice Berry Show'; Weak ratings of `The Untouchables,' `Cobra' and `Acapulco H.E.A.T.'