'Phishing' Attack Puts Hook in Cox
- Group; Phishing Up 24% in June. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;8/6/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 151, p18
Mentions the targets of online account theft, according to the Anti-Phishing Working Group. Banks that were targets in June: Citibank, U.S. Bank, and Fleet; Number of scams reported in May; Background on the Anti-Phishing organization that was created by Tumbleweed Communications Corp.;...
- Letter to Request Credit File. // Letter to Request Credit File;12/1/2009, p1
Understand your credit history and take charge of your credit future by requesting your credit file today -- verify what lenders and landlords see in your report. With Noloï¿½s Letter to Request Credit File, you can: fix errors or dispute inaccuracies related to your credit history, make a...
- THIS MONTH'S MONEY TIPS... // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Sep2013, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p2
The article offers tips around personal finance for September 2013 including preventing identity theft by shredding documentation with personal information on it, checking one's credit report as a part of one's job search, and being wary of celebrity-endorsed financial products.
- Identity Theft Protection Increasingly Rated Highly By Consumers. // Credit Union Journal;12/17/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p14
The article presents the results of a national study by Market Rates Insight about the key concerns among bank customers and credit union members including identity theft protection and credit score.
- Don't fall prey to medical identity theft. ALDERMAN, JASON // Ellis County Press;5/29/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p3
The article offers tips for addressing medical identity theft which include avoiding to reveal account information during unsolicited calls, being suspicious if someone offers a free medical service in exchange for one's Medicare number, and checking credit reports for unpaid bills.
- Keep control of your credit rating. // Filipino Post;2/20/2014, p8
The article discusses ways to control credit rating in Canada which include by getting a free copy of the credit report to examine any error or sign of identity theft, checking for errors in personal information, and visiting the site, itpaystoknow.gc.ca, to correct an error in the credit report.
- The true cost of spam. White, David // NZ Business;May2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p61
The article discusses the cost of spam messages or junk electronic mails to businesses in New Zealand. Some of the negative effects of spam include lost productivity, wasted information technology (IT) resources, rising Internet service provider (ISP) costs, and identity fraud. Ways to combat...
- SurfControl turns a trick on phishers. Garretson, Cara // Network World;10/4/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p10
This article reports that SurfControl plans to upgrade its e-mail filter to catch those who are phishing and flag more spam and other abusers. SurfControl's E-mail Filter 5.0 has been designed to trap phishing attacks, in which e-mail users receive messages that appear to come from a bank or...
- On The Menu Today Is Phish And Spam. // Software World;Nov2006, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p26
The article reports on the phishing and spam activities in the Internet. According to a survey conducted by Gartner, phishers have specific targets, usually going after high earners and those who have the tendency to transact over the Internet. Phishers and spammers have been working together....