Allen: Wired World's Coming
- Broadening his horizons. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p12
Reports on the increase in stake at Residential Communications Network or RCN Corp. of Paul Allen of Charter Communications Inc. Formation of Broadband Partners, a joint venture that will provide broadband portal service to Charter's 6.2 million cable subscribers; Mixed services including...
- Allen adds to cable wired vision. // Telephony;08/03/98, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on Paul G. Allen's acquisition of Charter Communications cable operator.
- With charter, Allen has $7 billion in cable. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p1
Presents information on Paul Allen's planned $4.5-billion purchase of a controlling interest in Charter Communications company. Perception that the purchase value of the company being more that $3,500 per subscriber; Reference to Allen's payment for a percent of Marcus Cable in early 1998;...
- Allen's big stretch. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/08/99, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p42
Reports that Microsoft Corp. co-founder Paul Allen has invested about $4.6 billion to finance the $10.6 billion wave of cable acquisitions for his Charter Communications Inc. Estimated fortune of Allen; Value of junk bonds Charter is attempting to sell to refinance existing debt; Allen's other...
- Charter Says Chapter 11 Rumors Are False. // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p10
Reports on the statement given by an official from Charter Communications Inc. in response to rumors that the company may file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Concerns of investors regarding the company; Speculation on the move of Charter's founder and controlling shareholder Paul Allen...
- Charter Surges on Allen Buyout Hopes. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p25
Reports the move of Microsoft Corp. co-founder Paul Allen to privatize Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Amount of the company stocks; Control percentage of Allen on the company's vote; Investment of Allen on the company stock.
- Allen to keynote ET'05. // CED;Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p14
Highlights the 2005 Conference on Emerging Technologies on January 11â€“13, 2005 in Huntington Beach, California. Role of Paul Allen, Charter Communications Chairman and Microsoft Corp. in the conference.
- Charter offering down to the wire. Higgins // Broadcasting & Cable;11/08/99, Vol. 129 Issue 46, p42
Focuses on the initial public offering plans of Charter Communications Inc. Goal of convincing investors that Paul Allen can run companies; Volume of the stock sale; Share price; Plans for the proceeds.
- Allen has a Charter plan. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 33, p11
Reports the plans of multimillionaire Paul Allen to acquire the declining stocks of Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Implications of the stock drop for company chairman Allen; Interest of Allen on the convertible bonds of Charter; Impact of the move on the business operations of the company.