Fox News Keeps Shining On
- Despite drops, more magazines. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p81
Focuses on the increased number of newsmagazine television programs in the United States in 1998 despite the decline in ratings of existing programs. Lower ratings as reflection of lower rating overall than an indication of viewers' lack of interest in the programs; American Broadcasting Co.'s...
- Self-helper grabs spotlight. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;9/23/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 39, p10
Reports the launching of the television program Dr. Phil in the U.S. Focus on broadcasting of news; Television hosts; Time slot of the show.
- News gains ground. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;9/23/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 39, p46
Focuses on the dual language news broadcast of hispanic television networks in the U.S. Television ratings of news programs; Revenue of Univision in Los Angeles; Comment of the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists.
- TV stations boost morning news programming. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;10/31/94, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p3
Reports that Detroit, Michigan's television stations are lengthening their early morning newscasts in response to national programming trends. Changes due to baby boomers who are going to bed earlier and rising before dawn to exercise or get the kids ready for school.
- BOMBSHELL RATINGS Van Susteren report grabs Fox News viewers. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;4/9/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the ratings of Fox News Channel's television programs which featured the war in Iraq. 'On the Record With Great Van Susteren; 'The O'Reilly Factor.'
- More than ratings divide a.m. shows. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p59
Focuses on morning television programs in the United States as of April 10, 2000. Ratings performance of the programs; News reporting strategies of the programs; Producers' efforts to improve the programs' ratings performance.
- MSNBC Plays 'Hardball,' Gets Viewer Hike. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;8/4/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p26
Reports on the growth in viewership posted by MSNBC cable television network from June to July 2003. Significance of the increase to MSNBC; List of news television programs of MSNBC that posted growth, based on the data from Nielsen Media Research; Losses in viewership suffered by Fox News...
- Still Revved Up. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;11/24/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 46, p22
The article cites several new local television news programming in South Carolina including in Greenville, Spartanburg and Asheville in 2008. It includes the additional two hours of to the weekend morning new of WYFF in late August. Meanwhile, WHNS has taken its first move into evening news with...
- Our town. Larson, Megan // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/14/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p34
Discusses how regional cable news networks compete with broadcast television networks in the United States. NY1 News as a source for the national network television drama series `NYPD Blue'; Audience share of local broadcast news; Flexibility offered by regional news networks; Strategies for...