Forget Reality: Scripts Are In At Cable Nets
- TV One Taps Lifestyles. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the creation of television shows by cable service TV One that cater to African American lifestyle as of March 15, 2004. Lifestyle-based television shows slated for the network during the second quarter of 2004; Program choices to be provided by the network, according to Lee Gaither,...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;3/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p36
Presents an update on the U.S. television broadcasting market as of March 8, 2004. Appointment of Lee Gaither at TV One; Deal reached between NBC Cable and SES Americom Inc. for C-band service; Addition of GoodLife TV Network to Cox Communications Incorporated's variety tier of digital networks...
- Tape-based editing lives on. // Broadcast Engineering;Sep98, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p36
Highlights the views of a television broadcasting industry expert and some vendors about the potential of tape-based editing. Trend toward digital and non-linear editing (NLE); Application of tape-based editing for news; Advantages of NLE; Tape as a good acquisition medium.
- PSIP table editing. Dick, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2000, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p42
Offers a look at the sub systems in a Program and System Information Protocol (PSIP) editor. Description on the ATSC-PSIP signal; Functions of a PSIP table editor and injector; Two types of data verification. INSET: Program System Information Protocol, by Marvin Born.
- Discursive texts, reflexive audiences: Global trends in television news texts and audience... Kavoori // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer99, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p386
Investigates the global trends in television news texts and audience reception in four countries, namely Great Britain, Germany, France and the United States. Discursive narration of television news at as global level; Emergence of a global culture of critical media consumption.
- Less New Zealand on air. // Onfilm;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p11
The article deals with the television broadcasting targets released by the Television Local Content Group for New Zealand in 2006. The decision of TVNZ and Prime to reduce their local content sights for the year is cited. The television broadcasting hours of several television program genres are...
- TV One climbs video wall. Giardina, Carolyn // TVB Europe;Sep2010, p36
The article reports on the move of TV One Multimedia Solutions Inc. to demonstrate the importance of setting up a video wall through video processing in the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Great Britain.
- Scripted Series: Never Say Die. Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;3/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the television networks' preference for scripted television programs despite the success of reality television series. Programs planned by different television channels, including an increased number of scripted programs; Improvements made in program scripts in order to fight the...
- THE WORKS. // Televisual;Sep2002, p68
Reports on developments relevant to the television broadcasting sector of Great Britain in September 2002. Television editing; Restoration device for film and video archives; Post-production facilities. INSET: IN BRIEF.