- NEC Looks to Extend Mobiles with ARM. // Electronic News;5/10/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 19, pN.PAG
Reports on the adoption of the RealView developer suite RVCT compilation tools for mobile phone development of ARM Holdings PLC by NEC Technologies Ltd. Applications where the compilation tools will be used by NEC; Features of the compilation tools; Statement issued by Ian Johnson, RealView...
- NEXT-GENERATION CELL PHONES. // Electronic Design;5/11/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p44
A list of next generation cell phones is presented. Some of the phones that are listed are multiple radios per cell phone, digital camera cell phones, walkie-talkie cell phones, and multimedia cell phones.
- Photo messaging rarely used by phone owners. // New Media Age;9/30/2004, p13
This article discusses the annual Mobile Phone Report of Continental Research, which revealed that over 20 percent of mobile telephone owners in Great Britain have photograph messaging capabilities on their handsets in 2004, compared with only 4 percent in 2003. However, despite the surge in...
- Collecting and Sharing Location-based Content on Mobile Phones in a Zoo Visitor Experience. O'Hara, Kenton; Kindberg, Tim; Glancy, Maxine; Baptista, Luciana; Sukumaran, Byju; Kahana, Gil; Rowbotham, Julie // Computer Supported Cooperative Work: The Journal of Collaborativ;Feb2007, Vol. 16 Issue 1/2, p11
The augmentation of visitor experiences with location-based technologies has been available for some time. Through in-depth studies of users during these experiences the field is building a rich picture of user behaviour in relation to certain location-based technologies. However, little work...
- A camera for every phone. // Wireless Asia;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p10
Predicts the growth of the cameraphone market. Expected increase in the demand for mobile handsets with camera; Forecasts made by InfoTrends/CAP Ventures; Expansion of the worldwide cameraphone market.
- The Sound of Cell Bells. // Video Systems;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p71
Focuses on the popularity of camera-equipped cell phones. Marketing research firm, IDC's projection on the growth of camera-equipped cell phones; Hint of change in the success of digital still cameras; Similar characteristics between digital still cameras and camera phones.
- Saturated With Color. Brown, Karen // Wireless Week;1/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the increasing popularity of mobile telephones with color screens and cameras. Comparison of the demand for color phones and camera phones; Phone models that are selling well; Forecast for color phones.
- SHORTMESSAGE. // Wireless Asia;Jun2004, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p48
Reports on developments around the wireless industry. Yahoo! Maps with a feature that allows users to identify all the hotspots in an area; Ban of mobile phones with digital cameras in U.S. army installations in Iraq; Observation that mobile phone users in Great Britain spend more on their...
- The Rise Of The Camera Phone Value Chain. Gillott, Iain // Wireless Week;4/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on the emergence of camera phones. Role of value chains of wireless/mobile and imaging industries in the printing industry; Impact of the convergence of the wireless and imaging sectors on carriers; Issues facing camera phone usage.